Girl in Red

Holden's POV

It has already been halfway through the day and no one at the school has even had the slightest bit of scent of my mate. Jordan hasn't found his mate either and his birthday was three months ago. He is in no rush at all, he enjoys the attention girls give him and he doesn't hide it. They all have the hopes of him being their mate and they are all getting perfectly played by him.

Great, I'll go through senior year without finding her? Oh where oh where could mate be. Once I find her, I'll make sure she pays for making me wait. Not in a hurtful way but we're gonna have a good long, sexual conversation.

Suddenly, I caught a familiar but not so familiar scent of pineapple and forest. What is that magnificent smell? My wolf was already howling in excitement as it dawned on both of us. That's her, she's here. She's actually here, but where exactly is she?

It was already lunch time and the cafeteria is filled with many people of many different species. Wolves, vampires, humans, fairies and so many more. I had only hoped it was anything but a vampire, a vampire as a mate? Not the best idea,not to mention I'm not just an average wolf, I'll be an alpha after a few years from now. It would be all over the internet, embarrassing both me and my family.

I kept snapping my head around like a lost puppy as the scent was coming from everywhere, masked by the scents of strong species, I growled in frustration making my friends turn to me like I was crazy. So did a few people but I did not care about them.

I don't get why this was so hard, why can't she smell me also and come to me? Why is the scent everywhere? It confuses my wolf.

"What's with you?" Danya asks as she assesses me with a frown on her face. She is my beta's younger sister and possibly one of the meanest girls at this school.

"Nothing." I replied not caring how it came out. The twins weren't here yet so it isn't a for sure thing that Eden isn't my mate. I still say it's not possible for it to be.

This is going to be such a long day,I need air.

***

Blake's POV

I had been feeling weird all through the day. Why did I feel like this? Oh yeah I forgot. The two important women in my life have piles of questions about my tormentor, or should I say tormentors? They had questions I was not ready to answer.

Today I let my long hair flow freely as I kept my head down. I sat at the bleachers outside on the track benches. Watching a few people socialise as I tried to ignore my friends so they do not play pranks on me during lunch. I prefer it is half the day so that I don't have to wear clothes from the lost and found if I end up being given a little initiation bath with food on my very light clothes. I happen to love this hoodie.

The wind kept blowing into my hair making me sigh as I relaxed for the first time today. I love chilly days, they are so relaxing even though I am usually as pale as mayo, I love it. It's refreshing.

When the bell rang, I took my pack with me and skipped out of the bleachers jogging back into the school. It was very unfortunate for me that I had to pass through the cafeteria to get to my classes. To my favourite class, biology, which I still have with these two ill-mannered swines. How do they even have good grades? Smh. They were smarter than I had hoped.

I made it there in just a nick of time. Some people were still entering luckily I did not get any attention from them this time because I didn't arrive late. As I sat on my usual seat, first row, second seat from the back. I took out my phone to see Bebe had texted again, she was definitely mad. This made my face frown as I felt the defeat, maybe mom was being gentle but Bebe will definitely tell me that she wants to take the first flight here. She would, she's that crazy.