Werewolves

Celine

Yesterday was eventful unfortunately.  I met with my cousin and my aunt, it was overly emotional for my comfort but I understand it. Mom and Aunt Eva were apparently those twins that are so close they became best friends as they grew, when mom was pregnant, Aunt Eva was first to know and was going to be a godmother to me.

And so to prove so, she gifted me with a bracelet she made herself when she heard we were on our way. She's a jewelry designer, a well-off at that and owns a store that sells the most authentic jewelry in town. Her ex husband is a Judge and the two had been inseparable for a long time. A very non famous couple but a one that does well and gives the best for their children. In simple words, she's rich and her husband had generational wealth atop his own so he's richer.

My cousins, Elizabeth and Ella were welcoming. Well, Ella was welcoming and Liz acted like she wanted to be there. I also met uncle Jason, he's a very nice guy and was very welcoming upon our arrival. I don't know why he and Aunt Eva separated but there's no drama between them and he sometimes visits her as friends but nothing more. It's quite a healthy breakup.

Liz though is salty and doesn't have good people skills according to Ella but she's nice when she takes a liking to you. Which is rare because she doesn't like almost everyone.

Ella is a people's person, she likes spreading smiles and happiness from my observation. She's very conversational and has a sweet aura around her. She and Ella are two polar opposites when you put them together.

They also go to the same school I'll be going to but we have different classes since they are juniors and I'm a freshman so that means I'm all alone in high school. At least people like Ella will be there when I need refuge, but I don't want to be dependable on anyone.

But just like mum said, all I have to do is be myself. Everything else will come on its own. And so with a heart filled with a bit of fear, I enter the school premises after saying my goodbyes to mom. My hair is its usual wavy self with nothing but the water and natural hair products that I use. I've never been a girl for flat irons but I did use them for special occasions, school is not that of a special occasion. All I have to do is ensure I don't have a bad day.

I'm wearing some vintage denim pants and chunky shoes to go with it. I also have an oversized sweater on for the breezy air today has. Today smells like my favorite scent of all. Damp grass.

I have always had a connection with nature within myself. I like leaves and growing them, I absolutely adore animals but not snakes. Never snakes, they scare the shit out of me.  I love the forest smell or a fruity one that my favorite scent of all has been blueberries, I love blueberries with every cell in my body.

But my best guess for liking nature so much is the fact that I am technically a creature of nature. Because witches nature's resources and energy to call upon their abilities. Maybe that's why my parents always kept me in the city, so as not to activate my power.

Witches need spell books to learn how to channel their power yes, but some spells may come naturally when the witch's descendants decide to gift that person the power. But you must be highly favored for that to be. Luckily for me, I need a spell book to activate my powers and learn how to use it, and mom kept it in the deepest depths of her safe that I don't know where it is. It's a safety precaution and one I don't mind, but she says she refuses but to let me embrace my heritage as long as I'd be careful. So when I am ready, she will give me the book.

Although another indication I'm a witch is that, since witches are nature's agents, they can detect toxicity. They can detect auras and I happen to be a very good judge of character if I focus on a person. It's tiring should I focus too much, but it's how I ensure to keep my distance. Honestly, it's the only perk of being a witch anyway.