ᴏɴᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴀɴʏ | ᴊ. ᴍɪʟʟᴇʀ

Summary: Everyone remember's their first

Summary: Everyone remember's their first. Their first love, first partner- the first person to shatter them completely. No one forgets their first. because they are the one that shows them what love is for the first time. For Joel, his first was Y/N.

Switching schools right before the start of seventh grade was more intense than most would believe. As a twelve year old, Y/N thought her entire world was on fire. She had moved from Dallas to Arlington right before the start of the school year and suddenly everything was changing. She didn't have the same friends to take the bus with, she didn't know the names of her teachers, and to make matters worse, Her new bedroom didn't have the same purple walls that he old one did.

As her father's red pickup truck rolled into the driveway, Y/N stared up at her new house with worry. Concern was laced through her furrowed brows and she couldn't help but pout. Her mother always scolded her for pointing when she didn't get her way, but this seemed like the perfect situation for it. "Hey.. don't give me that look missy-" her father smiled sadly at her. "It's gonna be great, you're gonna love it here I promise." The little girl frowned, climbing out of the truck and making her way inside. A sinking pit starting to form in her stomach. The house was bigger than what she was used to, but it's size seemed to do nothing but make her feel small. Her parents had explained many times that this was a good thing. That moving into a bigger house was due to her father's job, and that they were finally getting somewhere. And for the first time in Y/N's young life, she had learned what it meant to resent something. More specifically what it meant to resent her parents. In her little mind, she cursed her mother for wanting more- and she cursed her father for being able to provide it.

On the other side of the fence, sat a perfectly modest blue house- the colour almost looking teal with it's green undertones. The sun had bleached out the once vibrant colours over the years, but the inside had never looked better. Two boys lived in that house, along with their parents. They were the staple family in the neighbourhood- Everybody loved the millers. "Joel look!" Tommy Miller, called out- rushing to the living room window in excitement. "The neighbours are finally moving in!" He smiled.

As he watched them from behind the glass, his older brother came to see. With a bag of Doritos in hand, Joel's warm eyes peered over his brother's head. "Do they have any kids?" He asked. He liked his neighbourhood cause it was safe. But he kind of hoped that there would be someone to hang out with that wasn't Tommy. The year was 1995 and while Joel preferred to sit in his room with his playstation, Tommy still enjoyed going to the park. Unfortunately for Joel, that meant he had to tag along. There was no telling what kind of trouble Tommy might get into if he wasn't there.

Tommy nodded. "A girl I think." He strained. His lacking height was proving to be a challenge as he attempted to spy on his new neighbours. Joel patted his back and beckoned for him to follow. The pair walking towards the front door and heading outside to see all the commotion. There was a shiny red pickup truck parked in the driveway to which Joel ogled at. "Woah-" he awed, walking towards the vehicle. Looking up at the man pulling boxes out of the back he spoke up. "Is this yours?"