Chapter Two: Finding Out

Kenny's POV

I paid close attention to myself as I talk to people or walk by them or see them, or anything today.

Dude, this is so weak. I, Mr. One-night-stand, am apparently in love. And I don't even know with who.

It's so low man... so low...

I refuse to let this go on any longer. I pull out my phone and go to the Google search engine thing. I type in 'how do you know your in love'. After waiting forever for anything to pop up, I go into a site. It's called 10 Definitive Ways To Tell You're In Love With The Right Person.

After scaming the first few paragraphs and finding nothing useful, I scroll down a bit. I read everything from that point on.

Here are 10 ways to know if you might be in love - rather than in like - with someone:

1. The best part of your day

As Childish Gambino said, "When I'm alone, I'd rather be with you." Seeing my girlfriend is always the highlight of my day. If you really love someone, you never truly get tired of him or her.

No matter how great your day might be going, your special person will make it better. When you just like someone, he or she might make your day better, but probably isn't the best part.

2. The first person you think about

Your love will be the first person you think about when you wake up and the last person you think about before you go to sleep. When something good happens to you, this is the first person you want to tell.

When something bad happens to you, you look to this person for support.

3. Prioritize above your own needs

Love is selfless. I was the most important person in my world until I met my girlfriend. Once I fell in love with her, her needs became much more important than my own.

This is just how love is. Your needs always seem trivial in comparison to your significant other's needs.

4. You'd do anything

If I tried to construct a list of things I wouldn't do for my girlfriend, the list would be pretty empty. When you're in love with someone, you do whatever you can to make the person happy.

When you like someone, you may feel like there is a lot you would do for the person, but you have your limits. True love knows no limits.

5. You are never afraid to express your feelings in public

I have this semi-bad habit of telling the world how in love I am with my girlfriend.

When you're truly in love, you want everyone to know. You are not bashful about your feelings by any means. When you like someone, there is a lot of holding back on how you feel.

6. You love the imperfections

My girlfriend is the most beautiful girl I know, but she does have some imperfections. But, to me, they're not imperfections - they're unique qualities and things I love.

When I tease her about them, she thinks I am making fun of her, but I am truly just admiring them. Love is the ability to know and accept someone's faults.

You may know the imperfections of a person you like, but having the capacity to embrace them likely won't happen unless you fall in love.

7. You think long-term