Chapter 5- This is not a dream.

Ishimaru's Pov

It's been exactly 3 months and 2 weeks since I started tutoring him. It's certainly been a change. But a good change. Being with him feels nice.
I've made lots of new friends as well! Now I have 7 friends!
That's the most I've ever had. It's not many but they're very special. I guess we could be considered the freaks of the school but I see us as actual friends. Not just people clumped together because we're weird. And being strict is not weird.
I'll go through my new friends-
First of all Gundham
I was already sort of friends with them but it turns out they're dating one of Mondo's friends Kazuichi. He's a bit eccentric but he's a nice person. I like their hamsters.
Kazuichi is cool. He's a very talented mechanic. However his look violates every dress code. Piercings, dyed hair AND strange teeth. I don't even think it's a medical condition.
I don't know too much about Hiro but I'm pretty sure he does weed. His eyes are always bloodshot and he always has a strange smell.
Leon has great talent for sport. He doesn't make use fo it though which is greatly annoying.
Oh and Chihiro's friend Nanami. They bond over codes and video games. They tried to hack Nintendo together once. Obviously they succeeded. Now I have unlimited games. At least that's what they offered me. I refused of course.

Speaking of Chihiro, he keeps teasing me about Mondo. They think I like like him. Yes I am gay. But that doesn't mean I like him just cause he's tall, has a perfectly sculpted body, a really handsome face, pretty violet eyes, a kind smile and is very nice to me. Oh and tattoos and piercings.
We're just friends.

My parents don't exactly like Mondo the best. Apparently they had met before. See my dad is the chief of police and my mom is a lawyer. So hanging out with a gang leader isn't the best call. But they try to hide their disapproval when he comes round. It's kinda funny really.
My mom always does this thing when she fake smiles where she braids the ends of her hair without realising. Most of the time when Mondo has left she's got this weird hairdo where thee top half is straight and the bottom is all braided.

We pulled into his driveway with the pins and some snacks. I called my dad earlier telling him I was going to stay over. I don't really want to be at home right now. Not with all that's happened today. They don't know about it. About my secret.
I'm more than comfortable with my friends about it. Just not anyone else. But at the moment I've only told Mondo and Gundham. But it seems everyone one in the school will know about it sooner or later.
I want to overthink it and think my life is over. But I shouldn't. Even crying earlier was over-dramatic.

Mondo placed his keys in the door and opened it.
"Gentlemen first." He joked.
"Why thank you good sir! And I do ask if I could accompany you to bed tonight." We both burst into laughter.
"Bro what the fuck!?" Mondo laughed while taking off his jacket.
"What I meant was can I stay over? Not the indecent meaning." I struggled to say through laughter.
"Yeah sure. I have a few more bad films we can watch anyways." Mondo wasn't wrong. I have lots of respect for directors and actors but those films are atrocious. I mean shrek isn't even realistic and in Megamind we are meant to root for the villain? I don't get it.

I hung my bag on a coat stand and headed to the bathroom to change into more comfortable clothes. I pulled on an old T-shirt and some Pyjama bottoms.
I heard Mondo trod downstairs carrying books. He was wearing a loose tank top and shorts exposing his tattoos.
He sat down on the small, oak table.

"So what we doing today teach?" Mondo gestures to the books while I paced in front. We went through areas of 2D and 3D shapes and other revision. There was a big test tomorrow. By the end of it both of us were tired and cold. I just realised how cold it was. My hair stood up on end and I tried to bury myself deeper into my shirt.

"Hey bro, you good?" I felt a warm hand on my shoulder.
"If you're wondering about why it's quite cold, the heater broke so at night it's quite cold. I got some hoodies upstairs if you wanted to borrow one. I'll get all the blankets and comforters." I saw him awkwardly smile. Mondo looked sorta cute.
"Yes please. Maybe we should sit together to retain body heat like penguins do. It's very fascinating, I read about it in a book once." I proudly smiled.
"I always think you can't get any nerdier but then you say shit like this. You always manage to outdo yourself dork. And yeah let's sit together. Can you grab some snacks from the kitchen? " He asked.
"Yeah, sure!"

I got up and headed to the kitchen while Mondo walked upstairs. The marble floor tiles were cool against my white socks. The kitchen was decorated with random items. I'm assuming they're meaningful somehow or they were just in the sale. I prefer Mondo's house to mine. My house is too big for the three of us and just feels empty. My mother goes away for weeks at a time and my dad works for literal days. So often it's just me on my own. I love coming round Mondo's house. Not just cause I can steal his hoodies but cause I like him. I like having the companionship.

I poured a bag of popcorn into a plastic bowl and got a pack of coke cans from the fridge. I grabbed a bag of chips on the way out. It's all very unhealthy but I can make exceptions.
I set everything up on the couch and sat down in the corner.
Mere seconds later, Mondo walked downstairs carrying the most blankets I think I'd ever seen. He must be very strong.

"Alright. I think I got all of the blankets we own. And here's a hoodie but you better not steal it. Not like the other 5." He sighed.
"Thank you very much!" I pulled the hoodie and unsurprisingly it didn't fit me. I couldn't even fit my whole arm through without having to scrunch up the sleeves.

We laid next to each other on the couch, adorned in lots of blankets and cushions. Unsurprisingly, Mondo had stolen all the pillows so I did what any person would do. I moved myself  and laid my head on his chest.
"If you get all the pillows then you become my pillow. The logic is airtight." I remarked.
"You could- Actually yeah sure bro. Good thinking" After saying that Mondo wrapped his arms around my waist.

We stayed like that for about three hours. Just laid together watching bad comedy films and laughing. By the end of the second film we were both pretty tired. Mondo's strong arms were still wrapped around my torso. I was still laid on his chest. I looked up to see him and he just looked really peaceful. I think he was asleep. I pulled the blanket on top of  the both of us and turned the Tv off.
I sank myself deeper into his arms and held his hands. Just for warmth. But it didn't warm my hands. It warmed my cheeks and make my stomach feel strange. I brushed the thought off.

I held Mondo's arms closer around me and started tracing the outline of his tattoos and scars with my fingers. He had some really pretty tattoos like this one of a snake and some random ones like some pancakes with butter on his right arm. I looked up again to see smudged eyeliner on Mondo's face. I felt my eyes close as I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning (still Ishimaru)

I woke up to the sun beaming through the windows. It was the summer so I assumed it was around 5am. That was the usual time I got up for school. I looked down to see Mondo's arms still tightly wrapped around me like he was protecting me from something.

"Mondo." I whispered while tapping on his chest. "Mondooo. It's time to wake up."
"What" He said slurring, his eyes barely open.
"We need to get up for school. You have a test today. We can do some revision in the library if we get there early."
"Mmmkay gimme like five more minutes." Mondo said pulling the blanket back over us.
"Sure bro." I sighed and rested my head on his chest again.
I kinda hoped we would just stay there. It was nice. I'm not too used to affection but this just feels natural. Feels good.

The sun shone down on the both of us. Two freaks who had somehow found each other. How we fit so nicely. The beams made Mondo's hair look like pure gold and made my eyes go amber. It looked pretty neat on the outside but underneath we were a mess of intertwined hands and legs. His warm, muscular body comforted my smaller one. He comforted me in a way. A long time ago I had never thought we would be friends. Now he's my closest bro. I often wonder what road our friendship will go down. But it looks like quite smooth and we've got good music and a good motorcycle.