Chapter 7- Will I/Won't I

Ishimaru Pov

Geography had just finished. The halls were quieter than usual, like something was going to happen. I was walking out with Gundham again. Nobody else was there. I saw a tall, good looking figure.

I wasn't completely sure what happened in the next few seconds. But my whole world shifted. Everything I knew was put into another person. But I still don't know what I felt.

Mondo had run over to me. He didn't look out of breath at all.
"Hey ther-"
Before I could say anything else I was cut off. By a kiss. His lips firmly pressed against mine. I have to admit I kissed back while standing on my tiptoes. I dropped my bag accidentally in the midst of it all.

I felt Mondo pull my body towards him. His soft lips felt harder than before. Before I knew it, my hands had moved to where I was holding his neck.
I was waiting. For this to end. For the small moment of bliss to be over. Was it bliss? It seemed more like joyful confusion.

The moment of reality had stuck as our bodies were no longer intertwined. I let go of his neck and stood as usual. Mondo looked me in the eyes as I awkwardly stared at his lips. Part of me wanted to kiss him again and another part thought "Why did he do that?".

"So erm-" Mondo tried to say. The part that wasn't thinking won. I don't know what he said that day. Probably never will. I couldn't really hear him since my heart was beating so loud.

I stood up on my toes again and kissed Mondo. His lips tasted as good as the last time if not better. I let him pull me closer while I played with his unstyled hair. It lasted longer this time. The last kiss felt like hours ago. I wanted more but I couldn't. Could I?

I broke away from Mondo in a panic. I felt Kaz and Gundham staring at both of us afterwards. I had overheard some whispers between them. Probably about what was going on.

"I um" I couldn't think what to say. I have memorised thousands of conversation starters and been to so many school debates but I have never had a loss for words this bad. There should be conversation points for when you and your mentee kiss.

I panicked.
"Sorry I have to go." I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. Why? I don't know if I liked him but he liked me. And that has never happened. So why am I sad. I walked away briskly with my hands holding my bag and assorted binders.

"Wait!" I heard Mondo's voice. "I have to tell you something!" I kept walking. I know how rude it is to ignore someone but everyone breaks the rules now and again. Not me, but lots of other people.

I kept walking until I was out of school. I walked to this bench I used to eat lunch on. I sat down and let my bag fall onto the metal surface. Damn it. Damn it. DAMN IT!
Why did this happen. Why did I like it. Do I like him? Mondo is my friend. But does he feel romantically towards me. Is this a joke? I need to talk to someone. Not Mondo. It's just me tonight and I don't want my thoughts here tonight.

I'll text Chihiro. He is often busy but I know that they will help out.
I: Dear Chihiro
Are you free? I would really like your company right now. If not that is fine.
Sincerely,
Kiyotaka Ishimaru.

Only minutes later I got a reply from her.
C: Sorry :( I have coding club tonight and then Nanami is coming over to help me hack Amazon. You can text me later but I'm not free Sorry.
I: That is fine :D. I'll text someone else.

Who else is there? I'll text Gundham. He is usually free but I know that he often hangs out with Kazuichi. Like me and Mondo do. Anyways.
I:Dear Gundham.
Are you free? I would really like your company right now. If not that is fine.
Sincerely,
Kiyotaka Ishimaru.
I have to admit I copy and pasted the message. It's hard work being formal.