Chapter 3

No...it can't be..it can't be him...no..you thought to yourself and looked up and it felt as if the whole world had stopped. You couldn't take your eyes off the person standing in front of you. "Jungkook..." you mumbled underneath your breath.

You gripped onto your skirt as you found yourself going crazy...what is he doing here..? Several thoughts started rushing in your mind as you looked at him.

You tried to hold back the seething torrent of tears which had been building up since the moment your eyes got stuck on him.

But Jungkook had no reaction on his face, he was acting normal as if he didn't even know you. He looked at you for a minute before fixing his gaze again on taehyung. Taehyung still had his eyes stuck on you and didn't like the way you were staring at Jungkook for some unknown reason. He found himself losing his calm. He clenched his fists in anger.

Getting up from his seat, he started walking towards you. Jungkook's eyes silently followed the male figure which just passed by. "Mrs. Kim", Taehyung said but you didn't seem to hear it or even notice that he was standing right beside you. You were drowned in your emotions.

Taehyung stayed quiet for a minute before placing his one hand over the back of your chair and another on the dining table before leaning in closer to your face. He was way too close to your face so close that if you moved an inch your lips might brush against each other.

That action startled you as your eyes went wide in surprise, making you finally tilt your head up so you could take a look at him. He gave you a cold-eyed stare as your eyes gazed down to his lips which whispered, "Who said you could look at another man? Don't forget you're my wife". You slowly looked away from him.

Jungkook who was standing there helplessly watching you two tightened his grip around his fists and pressed his lips together. Meanwhile, Taehyung stood up straight and looked back at Jungkook, his new bodyguard who was silently watching you two.

"Jungkook, follow me", saying that taehyung starts walking towards his study. You look at Jungkook who Happened to look at you. He had a blank expression on his face as if your presence didn't affect him at all.

He was literally treating you like a stranger and that was enough to make your heart feel heavier. A sad smile played on your lips and a drop of tear rolled down your cheek as you watched him follow taehyung.

So..my existence doesn't even matter to you now..?

[Y/n's pov]

People often say love is the most beautiful feeling but then why is it so hurtful and painful at the same time? I want to give up..I want to give up on him but here I go again his one stare is enough to shatter my heart into several uncountable tiny pieces.

I've been questioning myself over and over again..what was my fault? My love ditched me like a trash can and here I'm still crying over him..so pathetic..

[End of pov]

"You have to keep watch on her", Taehyung ordered, looking up at Jungkook who had his gaze lowered all this time. "I understand,'' Jungkook replied with a nod. Taehyung's lips curled up in a smile as he walked towards him. Standing right in front of Jungkook he leaned in a bit closer to his ear and whispered,"Touch her for any other reason than to save her life and you d!e", saying that he walked away.

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise as he turned around to see Taehyung walking out of the study.

At office : [taehyung's pov] :

I still couldn't get that thought out of mind...why was she staring at him like that..? Those eyes of hers were hiding so many emotions in them...and I didn't like it..I didn't like the way she was looking at him.