26. Wife

Vaera walked into the throne room, decorations, flowers, sweets galore and her family surrounding her. Haezel and Aemma were running around dancing happily. Aemond was quiet though picking at his food as Jace and Luke were not his favorite people. Helaena had the biggest of smiles as she ran around with Vaera's girls. Vizzy stumbled around with Viserys, holding tight to his hand. 

"Hey gorgeous." Daemon purred kissing Vaera's cheek. 

"Hi uncle Daemon... or is it just Daemon now because you are my brother..." Vaera offered as he hugged her. Vaera held a special place in Daemon's heart. 

"Could I have this dance?" Aegon asked offering his hand to Vaera. 

"I can dispose of-" Daemon began but Vaera swatted a hand at Daemon. 

"I would love to dance." Vaera agreed. Aegon pulled her closer and he couldnt stop smiling. Vaera smiled leaning into him. Aegon's cheeks already hurt from how much he had been smiling this past moon but he couldnt stop. He had never been happier. 

 Vaera tipped her head against his, sighing into him. This was her life, this was her husband. Better than her first husband. Better than her first wedding that was for sure. 

"Better than Tyon." Nyra pondered. 

"Yes." Vaera agreed without hesitation when she took her seat. 

"Aegon has looked at you and only you I think this whole day." Nyra added. "He has always loved you." Nyra admitted. 

"He's not a child anymore." Vaera added. "None of us are."

"I know its just-"

"Daemon. Need I say more?" Vaera countered. "He is four years younger than father." 

"Would you stop bringing that up." Nyra begged. 

"Ditto." Vaera agreed giving her a pointed look. 

"Aegon loves you. He better treat you right." 

Vaera was taken aback by the feast. Drifting into a memory of her first wedding.

~

Tyon Lannister. Vaera didnt like this idea at all. Rhaenyra had been married and she didn't seem to hate it. She also didnt seem to spend any time with her husband. She was also to stay at the capital and vaera was expected to move to casterly rock.

Viserys held onto Vaera as he took unsteady steps down the aisle. Tyon was handsome, so handsome but he was a cowardly lion. He ran when Criston started beating Joffrey at Rhaenyra's wedding, Harwin ran towards the chaos and picked her up, carrying her away. Tyon ran. Vaera wanted someone brave and kind and strong. Strong. She wanted Harwin but now it was too late.

'Let it be known that Tyon of House Lannister and Princess Vaera of house Targaryen are one heart, one flesh, one soul. Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder. In the sight of the Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity. Hear their vows."

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Tyon told her smugly.

''I am yours and you are mine.... Whatever may come.'' Vaera voice broke as she said it she looked to Rhaenyra a sad smile on her face as she watched Vaera get married.

''Look upon one another and say the Words.'

'Father. Smith. Warrior. Mother. Maiden. Crone. Stranger.' They repeated.

'I am his.' Vaera whispered out.

'I am hers'

'He is mine' Vaera's eyes drifted to Harwin his lips pursed as he watched her give her life away to a Lannister.