7. Breaking a promise

Three weeks went by like that. On another Friday I tried again to approach Midoriya. I lost Bakugo in the halls and ran to find the green haired boy I found him still in the classroom. I closed the door behind me and hoped I'd have enough time.

"Hello again. We tried to talk the first week but Bakugo was being..." I shook my head to shake the memories of that day. "Hi."

"Hello! Um My name is Izuku Midoriya."

I smiled before thrusting my hand out. "If possible, I'd like if we could be friends."

Midoriya startled and sputtered. "You want to be friends with me? But but I'm quirkless!"

I looked down. "I know. That doesn't mean you can't have friends."

His eyes welled up with tears. "I. I'd like to be friends. Please take care of me!"

"I'll do my best!"

Outside the door to the classroom, Katsuki was listening to the conversation and he felt anger well up in him. He pushed against the wall before walking home alone.

I left the classroom after talking to Midoriya more. I ran around the school twice looking for Katsuki so we could walk home together.

"He left...he left without me?" Will this be my new curse. I gained a friend just to lose another.

I ran out the school and to Bakugo's house. I knocked on the door as politely as I could. A tall blonde woman with the same spiked hair and ruby like eyes answered the door. "Hello, is Katsuki here, he left school without me and I just wanted to make sure he got home safe."

"Oh your just adorable! Katsuki is upstairs, did you wanna go up to see him." She turned over her shoulder and opened her mouth to yell but I put my hand on hers.

I gave a watery smile as my eyes tried to well up with tears. "No. I shouldn't bother him. I'm just glad he got home safe. He doesn't even need to know I was here."

I turned around and ran home.

What a stupid stupid fool I was. Somehow I ended up back in the bathroom with a pair of scissors. I jumped in the shower this time clutching the scissors and plunged them into my stomach. Once...twice....five times. I curled up to the bottom of the bathtub and let the water wash the blood away as quickly as it came.

When I woke up the shower water had gone cold. I turned the water off and stood bare infront of the floor to ceiling mirror.

Even with this stupid curse I still kept scars of everything. I brushed the hair over my eyes aside and the small little star on my forehead. I looked at my elbow and the forearm. Tiny little white scars that could be mistaken for freckles but were really from being pushed infront of a car. Another jagged scar on my midsection from being impaled. A deep red jagged circle on my shoulder. A jagged line in the center of my left hand.

My fingers brushed over the new scars on my stomach. I broke another promise.