8. Betrayl could be a bitter chocolate

Months passed. I followed Katsuki around wishing he would turn around and say something. Tell me what I did wrong. It didn't happen.

I talked to Midoriya more. He was really smart and a super hero encyclopedia. He made a game out of trying to guess my favorite hero. Each day he had one guess. He was not even close!

The longer Bakugo ignored me the quieter I got. Not even Midoriya's excited muttering could make me smile. Eventually I stoped talking at all unless to answer the teacher.

Bakugo slammed me against the school building. "What the fuck is wrong with you!? Huh?! You won't talk at all now and your walking around like a living corpse! Isn't this what you wanted! You wanted a new best friend! Well you got him! Stop following me!"

My eyes flooded with tears. "I didn't want a new best friend." I said softly in a unused voice.

"Then why are you always talking to him!"

I began to hiccup and choke. Bakugo pulled me away from the wall before slamming me back into it. Using his explosions as he did so.

I felt the blood run down my head and out my ears. I bit my lip and tried to deny it before screaming. "Because he looks like Beetlejuice! His green hair and green eyes! Every time I see Midoriya from the corner of my eyes I see him and I feel guilty. I feel so guilty It hurts. I could off myself a dozen times and never feel a thing. But the second I look at him it hurts so damn bad in my chest. And I deserve it!! I deserve this pain! I deserve the clench in my chest and the feeling of choking. I deserve it so much. Because I know that I killed my best friend to save you!!! And..."I choked on a sob. "And I know I will never be able to redeem myself to either of you."

Bakugo pulled his hands back and I sank to the ground like a puppet with cut strings.

"Your using him." Bakugo whispered.

I looked up at him through my lashes. "Oh whoop dee doo!" I snarled. "You hypocritical bastard. I may be an oblivious fuck! But I know that you're only mean to him because you like him! Yeah I've got you all figured out. You were four and you got your greater than god fucking quirk. But he didn't. You got so angry because you knew! You just knew that the only way to protect him was to be stronger than him! But that's not it is it? You wanted to protect him but you also wanted him to know you were stronger than him. So you became his biggest bully. But jokes on you because he doesn't need you to protect him. The only thing he fears is you!  He calls you that childhood nickname because somewhere in his tiny one track mind he still expects you to take it all back and be friends again!" I snarled viciously and smirked at the growing anger on Bakugo's face.

Bakugo snarled before slamming me back into the school wall. My neck snapped as it met the wall. I smiled as my body hit the floor.

I woke up hours later. I smiled sadly and sat more comfortably against the wall, leaning my head up to watch the sky. I watched the bright orange shift to pink and red. Then to starry blue. I cried into the night before screaming until my throat was raw.

Shakily I got up and stumbled to the school entrance and walked home.

Walking between two buildings, someone began to whistle. It was erie. And maybe that what drew me in. It reminded me of Beetlejuice. Whistling into the night air just to scare of some poor pedestrians. I was led through a maze of alleys and streets, following the whistling.

When my journey ended I was standing on a pier.

The whistling stopped and I looked around in confusion. How did I get here?

"Hey kid can you pull me up?"

I looked over to find a strange man with hair like coral leaning against the dock to keep afloat. Something about him drew me in and I walked towards him like a mindless doll. I grabbed his open hand and tried to pull him up when he pulled me in.