02

𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘋𝘈𝘙𝘒 𝘔𝘐𝘕𝘋
|| 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 02 ||

━━━━━━━━
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
━━━━━━━━

CAYENNE LEILANI ASTOR WAS AN impatient woman, that was for sure.
She lived for centuries and even though she knew she had more than enough time to go slow, she simply couldn't.
Now here she was, laying besides Damon in his bed as they stared at his ceiling.
Both of them decided to not join the others on their mission to kill Klaus and stayed home.

"Do you think he is dead?", she asked nervously out of nowhere and prayed it wasn't the case.

Niklaus Mikaelson may be a sociopath in many eyes, but in Cayenne's eyes, he was her brother.
Sweet, caring, overprotective and always there for her.
A tad egoistical and selfish—but her brother nevertheless.
They didn't see each other for a long time, but she still loved him as much as before.

Damon sighed loudly, knowing her relationship to the original family.
"I hope not, C."

"We went through some shit, but he is still a part of my family.", she sighed and closed her eyes,"I don't know how to act when I see him again."

The Salvatore boy took her in his arms once he noticed her nervous state.
"It will be alright, C. Even though I know you always deny it, we both know you still love him. You can't expect to get over him when you were together for so many centuries."

"I love you, D. You are the best big brother a girl could ever ask for.", she smiled at him as he smiled back, before they heard two persons entering the house.
"Who in god's name is that?"

The duo made their way downstairs to see a concerned Stefan and a hysterical crying Elena.
Damon and Cayenne both grimaced at this and exchanged an annoyed look.

"What happened?", Cayenne asked with crossed arms as she stared at them.

"B—bonnie, sh—she, she is dead.", the brunette doppelgänger cried out and  began to sob once again.

A spark of hope entered Cayenne's body at this.
Niklaus was alive for sure now.

Elena explained what happened, before Jeremy called her and it was wonderful to see that Bonnie is still alive and not dead.

The eldest Salvatore shrugged and took Cayenne's hand in his own as they left the living room once again.

"Does that mean he is alive, Dames?", she asked quietly, making him hum as he led them to his room.

Damon laid down on his bed and stated,"He is alive and kicking, Caye."

The girl smiled and laid down besides him.
"My brother is alive."

"Hey, hey, don't you forget I am your brother too.", Damon argued and pointed his finger at her in a warning manner.

Cayenne laughed and shook her head,"Of course not."
She held out her pinky and added,"I pinky promise."

The Salvatore groaned and joined his pinky with hers,"The things I do for you, you idiot."

"Oh please, you love me.", the black haired girl insisted, making him hum.

"That I do."

"ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME,
that my bloody wife is in Mystic Falls?", asked Atlas, anger creeping in his voice as his hand began to clench.

Niklaus looked at him, before he simply nodded,"I said that, yes."

Atlas scoffed, standing up and walked to the door,"Then why the fuck am I still here?"
He was about to open the door, when he was pulled back by his shoulder.

"Brother, you should wait. We know how crazy Caye is and how crazy you are. It doesn't benefit anyone to drop a bomb like this yet. Wait, wait until she has no other choice than listen to you.", Niklaus explained, making his brother nod slowly.

Atlas shook his head and a breathy chuckle escaped his lips,"I will not let her go ever again, you know? The second she is by my side, she will remain there."

"What if she doesn't want to anymore, Atlas?", asked Klaus, pouring in two glasses of bourbon.

A glare was sent into his direction by the younger twin,"I don't care, Nik. We promised each other forever, that's what we will do and I have a plan."

"A plan?", questioned a now curious Klaus, giving him one of the two glasses filled with the alcoholic substance.

Nodding, the brunette boy downed his bourbon,"If she doesn't love me anymore, I will make her fall for me once again."

Humming Niklaus nodded and pointed his finger at him,"Still loving her, brother, as I see."

Scoffing, Atlas shrugged,"Of course, Nik. Caye was and will always be the love of my life. How can I ever stop loving her?"

The men continued to discuss this, not knowing a certain brunette vampire doppelgänger listened in.

"Oh my god.", Katherine gasped,"He wants her back."

━━━━━━━━