04

𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘋𝘈𝘙𝘒 𝘔𝘐𝘕𝘋
|| 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 04 ||

━━━━━━━━
Hell is empty and all the
devils are here—among us.
━━━━━━━━

"ARE YOU ACTUALLY THIS DAFT?",
whisper-shouted an angry Cayenne as she fumed, looking at her brother in law.

Klaus looked down, before looking at her once again, certainty swimming in his blue eyes.
"I know what's best for both of you, Leila. I know you both like the back of my hand. You miss him and he is bloody devastated about you not being with him.", Klaus sighed, palming his face,"He is a wreck for nearly two centuries, love. Time to rekindle."

And with these words, Klaus opened the apartment door, shoving her in and put something on her wrist,
Cayenne looked at it with a wary expression as she examined it, before swallowing as dread filled her.

A humorless chuckle escaped her,"A bracelet that is blocking me from using magic.", she clacked her tongue,"Gotta admit—impressive."

Her brother-in-law looked at her with an guilty look as he hang his head low,"I apologize for this Leila, it's just that I want you two back."

Sighing, Cayenne went slowly towards him as he didn't dare to look up at her.
"Despite you being your psychotic, selfish way as usual.", she pursed her lips,"I missed you, Nik."

He slowly looked up at her, seeing the sincerity in her doe eyes, making his dimples slowly appear as he smiled weakly.
Klaus put his arms over her, taking her in his arms tightly as he closed his eyes at her embrace.
"I missed you too, sister. So bloody much."
His head peaked up at the opening door—here it goes.

ATLAS WAS WALKING DOWN THE
streets with a small bag of food, craving something salty as he walked to the teacher's apartment.
His feet halted as he took in an all so familiar smell—musk and roses.
He rushed up the stairs in his unnatural speed as he stopped before the door, opening it immediately.

A tidal wave of emotions overcame him as he took in the familiar woman in his brother's arms.
The bag slipped out of his hand as he stared at the love of his life, who unwrapped herself out of Klaus' arms.
Her eyes met his own as he stared at her without any movement.                        

Klaus watched them both and went towards the room, where Katherine was sitting in, with a small sigh, expecting to hear everything in a matter of seconds.

"Caye.", he whispered as he took in the new appearance of his wife, which had him clench his jaw slightly.

Her hair was longer, reaching her waist.
Her eyes were dull, the sparkle no more apparent.
She wore different clothes—much more revealing.
Yet in the same way, everything else was absolutely the same—every small detail.

"Atlas.", she whispered in the same tone as she analyzed him.

His hair was shorter, not reaching the nap of his neck anymore.
His eyes were a shade darker—all the light left.
He also wore different clothes—he wore a simple black shirt with black trousers.
Yet in a same way, everything else was absolutely the same—every small detail.

"Where were you?", he asked quietly, his voice hoarsely as he closed the door behind him, without turning away from her—rather afraid she was only an imagination and would disappear.

She looked down for a second, before sighing as she turned around and wanted to walk towards the kitchen part.
A hand around her wrist stopped her as she was turned around —her eyes meeting his nearly black ones.

"Where were you Caye?"

"Vegas, Chicago, Mexico, New York, the Bahamas.", she listed off in a sarcastic way,"Oh and then there was al—"

"That was not my fucking question.", Atlas seethed as he clenched his jaw at her response.

Cayenne looked at him with a dumbfounded look and shrugged,"It kind of was."

In the room next to him, the soon-to-be hybrid looked at the doppelganger as both of them sighed at her response, closing their eyes.

"Why did you not return to me, Caye?", Atlas asked in a dangerous quiet tone as he leaned down to her, to be on eye-level.

"Why should I?"

A loud scoff escaped the Mikaelson's lips as he stepped closer, making Cayenne step back, until her back was pressed against something, stopping her—a wall.

"You are my wife, Cayenne Leilani Mikaelson.", he seethed and as she looked away, rather disturbing thoughts entered his mind as he added,"Do you have someone new?"

Not receiving an answer, his hand lifted her chin up as she met his fuming eyes,"Is there someone fucking else Caye?"
She blinked at him as he rolled his tongue against his cheek,"Tell me the truth."

"And if there was?", this resulted in her to be pushed against the wall harder.

"How dare you?", he asked as he stared down at her,"How dare you even say there words about having another, while you wear my name."
He let go of her chin as he added,"You belong to me, Caye. You always did, you always will."

This time his hand grabbed her neck gently, forcing her to look up at him,"Even if I have to force you at
first—I found you now, I will never let you go."