One

Alyxandra looked out the kitchen window as she cleans up the weeks dishes. She always does it every Sunday while her mother is out doing whatever she does. Alyxandra basically raised herself because her mother never gave a damn about her. A knock on the front door makes her freeze. She looks over her shoulder.

"Alyxandra its deputy Maxwell" A familiar male voice came from the other side of the door.

"Coming" She said as she dried her hands and walks to the door.

She doesn't know whether it's going to be good news or bad news on the other side of the door. She reaches the door and opens it. There stood the youngest deputy the towns had. His only in his twenties. Young and handsome.

"Hi" She said softly.

"Hi Alyx. Just thought I should come by and tell you that we busted your mother with prostitution. She's going to be in overnight" He said

She sighs and just nods her head.

"Okay" Alyx said

It wasn't unusual and not the first time either.

"Are you going to be okay by yourself tonight?" He asked concerned.

She looks up into his brown eyes looking kindly at her. His well kept brown hair. She smiles softly.

"Yeah I will be fine. It's not the first time" She said

He sighs and nods his head.

"You know the shelter is pretty good and..." He said

"I know your parents give a lot of money to it and your mother helps run it. I can't leave and go into the shelter at the moment. School and everything. I'm better off here as bad as that is" She said

He nods his head. She smiles softly.

"Thanks for telling me about Rita" She said

"Okay and if you need anything call" He said

"I will" She said

He smiles and walks away from the house. She closes the door and locks it. She shakes her head as she thinks of her mother. She goes back to the kitchen and cleans up. She tries not to spend much time here that's why it's so dirty from her mother. She just goes back to cleaning the house up and heads to bed.

Alyx wakes in the morning and gets ready for school. She was just finishing her breakfast when the front door opens. She looks and her mother staggers in. Short mini skirt and tight revealing top along with fuck me boots. Her bleach blonde hair is in need of a desperate retouch and her makeup is to shit house. Alyx sighs and pours her a coffee. She sits it down on the table.

"There you go" Alyx said as she sat it down on the table.

Her mother smiles and sits down at the table. Alyx gave up the lecturing years ago. She just doesn't bother anymore. If her mother wants to ruin her life then it's her problem. If a daughter isn't enough to keep her clean of everything then nothing will work.

"Hey baby girl. The house looks really good" Rita said

"Thanks" Alyx said as she cleans her plate and puts it in the cupboard.

Alyx turns around.

"I brought some food for the week. It's in the fridge and cupboards. I also brought you a new hair dye" Alyx said

Her mother stands up and hugs her.

"Thank you baby girl" She said

Alyx hugs her back. She knows her mother has many demons and she just uses the wrong things to hide them. A child can't help but love a parents no matter what. Alyx can't help but love her mother no matter. Her mother has never been abusive in anyway and never allowed anything to happen to her. She knows her mother would protect her. Alyx pulls back.