Looking into something

Mount Justice 12/11/2022 1145hrs

"C'moooon Jake, you've been at this for the last two days. Give it a rest." Artemis complained, she had been trying desperately to spar him for the last two days. Being a non-powered hero, there was always the self-driven push to be the best, and Artemis took that to the next level. At the moment she had beaten everyone on the team in hand-to-hand combat with the exception of Jake and Dick. Dick was trained by the Bat and has had close to a decade of experience, so there was no chance of her ever besting the acrobatic protege. Jake on the other hand just hasn't given he the opportunity to spar him. But for some reason known only to one, Artemis has made it her mission the last two days to change that. "Alright fine, gimme a sec. I'll be down after I finish reading this file."

*long sigh* "Okay, but don't make me get Conner to come drag you outta here." Artemis exhaled as she left for the training room. Currently Jake was investigating what was going on with the Bialyan gear that he found whilst in Vegas when he was protecting that Army officer. Before Artemis so rudely interrupted him, he discovered an interesting anomaly. In the last couple of days the Bialyan military has been rallying on their border as if they were preparing for an all out war. But the strange part was that they were shipping out majority of their heavy artillery and AA guns to a random archipelago in the Mediterranean. The strange part was that all the gear they were shipping to said island seemingly just vanished on the way, encrypted government reports said that it was a result of pirates stealing cargo. But there hasn't been an increased amount of security around the cargo ships and the Bialyan government just keeps sending more shipments to the island.

Contacting Batman before agreeing that this pends some further investigation, Jake sounds the mission alert alarm and gets all the files in a briefing format before the team shows up. "Thanks guys for coming in on such short notice but I know how much you love a good mission."

"Yes, no problem my friend, what is our objective this time?" Kaldur inquired, Jake started explaining the information that he had just gone over with Batman and how their mission would be to find out what is going on with the Bialyan military and their strange movements as of late. Dick spoke up from the side; "Hey Jake, isn't this a mission for someone like the CIA or ARGUS?"

"Normally it would be but I got a gut feeling that says by the time they get their intel together and get all the paperwork and authorisation sorted, whatever it is that is brewing will have already happened." Jake explained, earning a nod of understanding from the boy wonder. He proceeded to explain how this will be a two pronged mission with two ops happening at the same time. As a result there will be two teams, Alpha and Bravo. Alpha consisted of Kaldur, Megan, Conner, Artemis and would be taking the Bioship and intercepting the cargo ship as it exits the port. Bravo team would be made up of Robin, Wally and Zatanna, their mission would be to infiltrate one of the communications outposts on the Bialyan border to try and gather further intel on what might be going on.

"Hold up, two questions; who will be the team leader and where will you be going?" Wally questioned, they had never gone on a mission being stretched so thin like this before. "Kaldur will be taking Alpha while Robin leads Bravo, I need to go meet an intel source in Cairo who might know what's going on. Red Tornado will be running comms from here and keeping me informed about what is happening on the different ops. Briefing is over, go get geared up for your different assignments."

Mount Justice 12/11/2022 1230hrs

As the team departed to their respective locations, Jake returned to his room and pressed a hidden button underneath his desk. With the gentle hiss of hidden mechanical systems the back wall opened up to reveal a small armoury with all of Overwatch's gear. Putting on his suit and equipping himself with a few extra mags of non-lethal rounds, Jake headed towards the garage door where a smaller version of the Batplane was located. Fox had designed this model shortly after the whole Justice League rage incident with Batman missing a critical part of his vehicle line-up. Though it seemed like a good idea at first, a major problem became clear. Because of the smaller size, increased stealth capabilities, boosted engines and still maintaining a fairly large arsenal of ordinance, there was only enough room for one person.