Chapter 2: Allergic To Flowers And Love

Han Bora never thought she could ever feel so anxious in her life, but that was before Friday, the 3rd of April.

After Hayan had practically run away from work, she had no choice but to attend to Mr. Kim in her place. She pressed her sweaty palms down on her pencil skirt to straighten it as she made her way, through the glass door, inside Taehyung's luxurious office. She thought there couldn't be an irony worse in her life than her not wanting to see Taehyung for the first time when she was crushing on him all the time.

"This is so not what I wanted," Bora grumbled under her breath as she entered the office and the sight of Taehyung's gorgeous face blessed her vision. She bit down a teenage smile that was about to appear on her face as she walked closer to his table, where multiple papers were scattered and the image on the switched-on computer was reflecting in Taehyung's focused eyes.

"Mr. Kim," She bowed, grabbing his attention.

Taehyung's chocolate eyes shifted to Bora's figure immediately and she felt butterflies erupt in her stomach at the eye contact. However, the fluttering of her heart soon faded away as she noticed Taehyung's somewhat stressed expression.

"Ms. Han? What are you doing here? Is something the matter?" He asked, putting the file down on the table that he previously had clutched in his veiny hand.

"Uh, no, sir," Bora answered and tried not to stare at him as she mentally admired the art he was.

"Then?" Taehyung raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Well, you...you called," Bora fidgeted.

"I didn't call for you, I called for Ms. Yeon. Speaking of Ms. Yeon, why isn't she here already?" Taehyung demanded, looking at the entrance past Bora as if Hayan was going to come in at any moment.

"That's because..." Bora trailed off, not knowing what type of reaction to expect when she told him about Hayan. She was worried Hayan was going to get in serious trouble this time.

"Because?" Taehyung urged as he tapped his long fingers against the surface of the table, feeling irked by the delay.

"Because she left." Bora blurted out.

"Left? Do you mean left work? Where to?" Taehyung looked surprised and Bora had expected that much at least.

"I'm not aware, but she said it was something important and she had to go right away," Bora explained.

"What was so important that she left without even informing me?" Taehyung growled as his eyebrows came together in a frustrated scowl. Yes, he was frustrated. Frustrated with Hayan's non-serious behavior. He had let her off the hook one too many times to his liking. He was getting tired of her little tricks.

"I'm sure she'll explain things tomorrow," Bora convinced, trying to calm him down.

"She could've sent me a text at least. She's just pushing it too far this time. Her audacity is out of this world!" Taehyung fumed, raising his voice a bit too loud at the last sentence, which made Bora flinch. Taehyung let out an exaggerated sigh when he noticed that.

"You can go now, Ms. Han. Thank you for informing me of Hayan- I mean Ms. Yeon's absence." He dismissed her, re-maintaining his composure, as he rubbed his left eyebrow.

"I can do the work in her place if you need me to, sir," Bora suggested, secretly hoping she'll get to speak with Taehyung for a bit longer.

"Nevermind that, you can go." Taehyung waved her off, focussing his attention back on the computer in front of him.

"Okay," Bora internally pouted as she moved to leave his office. "um, by the way," she suddenly said as she whirled around to face Taehyung. Taehyung hummed without looking at her as if giving her consent to say whatever she wanted to. She just had to make sure.