The Attack

- Chapter 6
"X" marks the spot where we fell apart

He poisoned the well, I was lyin' to myself

I knew it from the first Old

Fashioned, we were cursed
We never had a shotgun shot

in the dark (oh!)
You were drivin' the getaway car

We were flyin', but we'd never get far

Don't pretend it's such a mystery

Think about the place where you first met me

Ridin' in a getaway car

- Getaway car by Taylor swift

"Please remove your coat," Milene told Alina

"Please remove your coat," Milene told Alina.startling her,

"What?"

"I need to see to your wounds."

Alina considered refusing, but what was the point? she shrugged awkwardly out of her coat and let Milene use her healer skills to ease Alina's shirt over her shoulders. The Corporalki were the Order of the Living and the Dead.

She tried to focus on the living part, but Alina has never been healed by Milene before and every muscle in her body tensed with fear.

Milene took something out of a little satchel and a sharp chemical scent filled the coach. Alina flinched as she looked at her friend cleaning the wounds, roughly Milene's fingers digging into Alina's knees. When she was done, Alina felt a hot, prickling sensation between her shoulders.

She bit down hard on her lip. The urge to scratch her back was almost unbearable. Finally, Milene stopped and pulled Alina's shirt back into place. She flexed her shoulders carefully. The pain was gone.

"Thank you," she said in awe.

Milene nodded.

" Have you been training yourself?" Fedyor said, looking at the newly found healer in amaze. Milene only nod

The coach picked up speed. In the time it had taken for Milene to do her work, dusk had begun to fall and they had left Kribirsk behind. Alina leaned forward, straining to see out the window, but the world outside was a twilight blur. She felt tears threatening again and blinked them back.

A few hours ago, she'd been a frightened girl on her way into the unknown, but at least she'd known who and what she was.At least there is someone she knows that is here with her.