The talk

— Chapter 11

Your kiss, my cheek

I watched you leave

Your smile, my ghost

I fell to my knees

When you're young, you just run

But you come back to what you need

— This Love by Taylor Swift

“ Aleksander” Milene spoke quietly as it was already night time. The Little Palace was resting.Her only one hope is Aleksander still awake.

The door was open, and as she entered, she saw him facing the table in the middle of the room which contained many strategic maps that she didn't really know well.

“ Milene”, He said looking up to her. “ As much as i love your late night visit, please my dear don’t wander around the hallways by yourself. Just Call Ivan up and I'll be by your room before you know it” Aleksander walked up to her, kissing her forehead. Then guided her to the War room.

“ How can i help you tonight my dear” He played with her hair, twisting it , feeling the soft brown hair through his fingers.

“ I have heard a rumor about the Morozova Stag, will you use it for Alina’s Amplifier?” The General froze, “Who told you that?” He asked hesitantly. He doesn't really want her to know that he was going to use her friend for his benefits, whoever told her will be handled tomorrow morning.

“ I heard it from Alina who was told by the Apparat when she read the book ‘The Lives of Saints’. Baghra also mentions it to Alina in her training session. Milene replied. “ Was it something I shouldn't mention?” She realized that the look on the face of the man in front of her was grim.

“ No, there is nothing wrong with asking about it love”.The girl nodded in relief, and wrapped her hand around his waist , looking over the table as well. The contents of it fascinated her, she did not know why but it felt so calming to watch him plan out his next strategy.

"What's on your mind?
Can't sleep?" The girl  asked again, murmuring softly as the room gloom with only a candle as the source of light.