Double the fluff

Rain

"Where are we going, P'Phayu?" Rain asked excitedly.

P'Phayu grinned teasingly, "If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise."

"Phi," Rain pleaded.

"Patience. You'll see soon enough. I have a reward for my good boy." P'Phayu reached over and tousled Rain's hair playfully. Rain pouted at him and tried unsuccessfully to smooth his hair back into neatness.

They soon pulled up to a building with a picture of a grinning puppy and playing kitten on the sign. An animal shelter? Rain was confused.

"Phi why are we here?" Rain asked.

"Haven't you always dreamed of having a cat?" P'Phayu said fondly. It was one of the first things Rain had told him on their first date.

"But my mom is allergic." Rain said with disappointment.

"So they will just have to stay at my house."

Rain's breath caught, suddenly very excited. "They?"

"Do you want to go meet them? I have already filled out all the paperwork, they have had their vet appointments and are ready to go home today."

Rain was practically bouncing with excitement as they got out of the car.

They were shown to a small play room where an assistant came in holding two small kittens. One was black with what looked like a thunderbolt white stripe on its chest and the other was like a fluffy gray cloud.

"Rain meet Stormy and Cloud. Do you see why I thought that they were perfect for our family." P'Phayu said. Rain's breath caught at 'our family'.

"Oh, how old are they?"

"Around 3 or 4 months." The attendant answered "They were found as strays, they had been abandoned by their mother. They are the last of their litter to be adopted,  but despite having a rough start they are extremely sweet."

Rain immediately loved the two kittens. He pointed out at least 100 times on the way home how cute they were, how smart they were (as he claimed he could already tell), how they were the best kittens ever.

P'Phayu had gone shopping on a rare day when Rain spent the night at his own home, and hidden everything away in a supply closet in the gym area of the house (where Rain never went because he hated to work out).

There were sand boxes, food and water dishes, beds, two huge cat trees, and boxes of toys, plus kitten food and treats.

P'Phayu spent the afternoon setting everything up while Rain played with the kittens and took about 1000 pictures and videos. Mostly of the kittens but a few candid one of P'Phayu putting together the cat trees and filling the sand boxes. There was even one of Stormy climbing P'Phayu's pants leg like a tree while Cloud pawed at his feet. Rain picked several to post to instagram.

"P'Phayu can we invite Sky, P'Pai and Ple to meet the kittens? We could have a kitten shower?" Rain pleaded.

"A kitten shower?"

"I read  that some people have a party to celebrate the birth of a baby, called a baby shower. We could have a kitten shower, just the five of us."

P'Phayu nodded, "If you like. You better be the one to order food though, your hubby is too tired from putting all this together to cook."

"P'Phayu!" Rain was always embarrassed when P'Phayu referred to himself as 'hubby'.

Rain called Ple and Sky (who promised to bring P'Pai) and then ordered enough food to feed a small army.

When the three arrived, Rain proudly introduced them to their new "babies".

Sky and Ple actually gushed over the kittens and even P'Pai seemed enamored with them.

After the group ate, Sky and Ple each took one of the "fishing pole" toys for the kittens to chase and pounce on. Before long the kittens were tired out, one asleep in Ple's lap and one asleep in Sky's. Rain was helping P'Phayu and P'Pai clean the kitchen, but kept running back and forth to take more photos of the sleeping kittens. P'Phayu warned him that he was going to completely fill his memory card. "So, I will just get a new one." Was Rain's answer.

Sky

After leaving P'Phayu's, he and P'Pai dropped Ple by her house on their way to Sky's dorm.

"P'Pai, Stormy and Cloud were so cute." Sky had a serious case of 'kitten fever' after this afternoon. "I understand now why Rain's always loved cats."

"Would you like a cat?" P'Pai asked with a smile.

"I would," Sky said "but I can't have one in the dorm. I don't think Pooka (P'Pai's family labador) would be happy if you suddenly brought home a cat."

"True, maybe later when we move into our own place."

Sky stared at P'Pai. It was the first time he had ever mentioned them moving in together, but he spoke of it like it was inevitable. Maybe it was at that Sky thought. "Our own place?" He said out loud.

"I assume you will want to design it yourself once you have a couple more years of school down. We can get Phayu's firm to build it. We'll make sure it has plenty of room for kittens and of course lots of plants. Maybe even a full sized greenhouse." P'Pai said.

"You want us to build a house." Sky was feeling a little dazed from this turn of events.

"Of course, we can't live in your dorm, and no way am I staying with my parents and brother and sister always under foot. No matter how much they adore you." P'Pai said giving Sky one of his puppy dog pleading looks. "You will move in with me right?"

"P'Pai."

"Yes, my Sky."

"I love you." Sky leaned over and kissed P'Pai on the cheek.

Phayu

Rain was asleep sitting up on the sofa with both Stormy and Cloud asleep in his lap. Phayu shook his head and took a few pictures of his own before gently picking up the kittens and placing them together on one of the cat beds.

He then gently lifted Rain and carried him to their bedroom to tuck him in properly. Rain murmured sleepy complaints but immediately settled in when Phayu stroked his hair and gave him a kiss on the forehead. "Sweet dreams, good boy." Phayu said with a tender smile.

———————————————————————————
Notes:

Rain: "P'Phayu, I have always wanted a kitten"

P'Phayu adopts two kittens and buys out half the pet store.