chapter 3

the girl nextdoors pov

"thanks doll" I spoke and she smiled. "you know calling people doll is like offensive or whatever" my brother spoke. "you know calling me stupid is mean or whatever" we started laughing. I watched as she waitered the tabled Infront of us then went back to the kitchen. we continued our conversation for a few minutes so some of them could finish their drinks. just when we started getting up to leave, carter practically ran out the door.

we went to the store first to get supplies for a party we were having tonight. once we arrived home we called everyone. the doorbell rung and I went to get it. "uh hey kid, what are you doing here" I spoke. it was carter's sister, faye. "that's not really what you should wear to answer the door" she walked past me. "yea yea" I said looking in the mirror at my dyed hair, grey sweats and black sports bra. "wheres your cousin""which one" I questioned back. "chantel" "Chantel!!!" I yelled and she came down the stairs. I waved my hands in a presenting motion, smiled, and walked outside. I went to carter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chantels pov

"why are you here faye, whats wrong" I asked. "my mom showed up and I don't exactly know what to do but I didn't want to be there." she rushed. "hun.." I held out my arms for her to come into my body for a hug. I took her to my room and she took off her shoes and jacket. we layed on my bed to watch something, "what did she say, if she said anything" I asked.

"well she came when karina and dave weren't there...she said she wanted to get to know me and kylie" she trailed. "but then dave and karina walked in and saw her and they started yelling and crap so I just, left" she finished. "im sorry babes" she gave a soft little smile and looked up at me. our eyes met and she came closer to my body. "faye" I said quietly. "chantel" she mocked.

she moved onto my lap, "faye" I repeated. "chantel" she mocked once again. she buried her head into my neck and made herself comfortable. I laughed and watched what was on the tv until she fell asleep in my arms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the girls nextdoors pov

I was about to knock on kylies door when she opened it. she shut it quickly behind her when she saw me. "so what your stalking me now" she glared. I could see the pain in her eyes, she was trying to hold her tears back. "your sisters at my house" I said. her eyes widen a little bit. she glanced over my body then took her jacket off and gave it to me.

"imma guess shes with chantel" she added. "yea"i replied and looked down at her jacket in my hands. I don't ever think ive ever been this nervous around someone before. I don't even know what about her makes me feel like this, especially cause im so mean to her.

"come over" I turned back to the girl. her jacket was big and smelled like roses. "No" she replied bluntly. It kind of hurt

I looked away then back at her, "please kylie, i know you don't wanna be here" I said. she looked away for a second then stepped down and past me, her hand brushed my knuckles. She turned back to me and took my hand as we walked back over to my house. then people started to arrive.