chapter 7

lani's pov

I turned on her game and played 2k while she slept in my lap.  I looked down at her and moved the hair out her face as silence rung throughout the house. it was late past midnight and everyone has stopped arguing now. I brushed her hair behind her ear and looked down at her face, admiring how pretty she is.

her head rested on my chest and the sleeves of my jacket on her passed her hands. her hand covered some of her face, she was breathing at a slow steady rate so I could tell she was relaxed. she was beautiful.

i couldn't feel this way about her- I thought. after a few minutes, there was loud banging coming from downstairs. it woke her up. she rubbed her eyes and sat up out of my arm. "Im sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"you were tired, its fine" I interrupted. we went to the stairs to see Jason, her uncle, banging pots together. "You don't never got no damn clothes on" chantel said appearing behind us with faye in her arms. "what is this about" faye spoke. I shrugged my shoulders and looked back at Jason. "good your all up" he realized we were on the steps. "but I wasn't expecting you to be here lani" he admitted.

"me neither" i agreed. I glanced at Kylie. we went downstairs and sat on the couch, me sitting next to Kylie, faye sitting on the other side of Kylie, and chantel sitting next to faye. "Jason how did you get in here" kylie asked. "good question" he replied then stayed silent. they stared at eachother.

"Y'all's parents went away and grace and uh yo moms are fighting for y'all so you know go moving" he added. I looked over at Kylie, who looked scared and shocked. I put my hand under her shirt and on her waist. "sorry kid" he added and handed Kylie and Faye a letter then left.

"cause that wasn't completely weird" faye sighed. Kylie got up and took my hand silently and went back to her room while chantel went with faye to her room.

----------------------------------------------------------

kylies pov

lani sat back on my bed since it was still the middle of the night. "you okay" she asked. "mhm"

"you sure" she asked again. "yeah im good" I lied. I ran my hand through my hair, making the blue more visable. "its real pretty you know" she said. "didn't know you could be nice" I admitted. she laughed and looked away. "sorry for being so mean." I put the letter in my desk.

"no your not" I denied. "I am" she replied. "I just don't know how to act around you so I be mean" she admitted. I looked over at her, "its okay" we watched the kid shows that were on tv until we could fall back asleep. she layed behind me and put her arm over my waist. "lani"

"hm." I didn't reply to her. she pulled me against her body, "kylie." her voice was faded and she stopped trying to get my attention. her head rested on mine and she pulled the covers more over the both of us and put her arm back over my waist.

----------------------------------------------------------

faye's pov.

chantel and I went back to my room after Jason's appearance and kylie took lani to her room. me and chantel sat on my bed while watching Hamilton cause we didn't finish it the other night. we started talking while she fast forwarded it to where we remember. "where are your parents at" she asked suddenly.

"I honestly have no clue" I answered. "are you okay" she asked quietly. I sighed and looked up at her, "I'll be okay." she leaned into me and softly pressed her lips against mine. I put the letter Jason gave me in my note book and turned my attention back to chantel