33-Got shit to do, you got work

The bonfire, an Outer Banks tradition. It was the same weekend every year. Everyone went. And I mean everyone. After finding a fortune and losing it and thinking that John B and Sarah were dead it feels good to return to some normalcy.

Within a minute of getting to the bonfire I've got a beer in hand. Kie and Pope have wandered off leaving me with Rafe, JJ, and John B. John B is talking about his breakup with Sarah.

"She's like, 'That's it.'" John B says.

"I know. But, dude, her father blew up right in front of her. Just give her a minute, all right?" JJ tells him. "In the meantime, shotgun right now." JJ grabs a can of beer. "Like old days..."

"Hey, derelicts!" Yvonne shouts as she tosses a beer can at us.

"Hey, there she is. That's you." JJ wraps his arms around Rafe and I. "We're out of here. Goodnight."

I shrug his arm off me. "Nah. You're on your own."

"Where you two going?" JJ asks.

Rafe grabs my hand. "To take my mind off of things."

Rafe and I start to drink, maybe a little too much. But I know Rafe is hurting. He can have one night of fun. I smile as I wrap my arms around Rafe's neck. He places his hand on my hips.

"I'm glad you came," I tell him.

"You're taking my mind off of everything and I'm grateful," Rafe tells me.

"I know it's been hard," I tell him. "I'll take care of you."

"I told you I would take care of you," Rafe reminds me.

"And I'm grateful for that," Rafe tells me.

I pull him towards me into a kiss. After a moment I pull away. "I'm going to find Kie."

Rafe makes a face. "You really just gonna walk off on me?"

I smile as I start to walk away. "I'll find you later."

Rafe grabs my arm and pulls me back towards him. "Did I tell you how good you look tonight?"

I laugh lightly. "Yeah?"

Rafe nods. "Yeah."

Rafe leans forward and kisses me. He puts his hands on my hips and pulls us closer together. Rafe sucks in a breath as I start to kiss along his jaw down his neck.

Rafe pulls away slightly out of breath. "Let's dip."

"No. I wanna stay. Bonfire only happens once a year," I tell him.

Rafe puts his hand on my check. "Come on. We can have way more fun away from all these people."

I push him away from me slightly. "I need another drink."

Rafe grabs me by the waist. "Come on Addie."

I shake my head. "Nope. You gotta be patient."

I walk off and find Kie.

"Where have you been?" Kie asks.

"With Rafe," I tell her.

Kie points behind me. "Is that why he's looking at you like wants to yell at you but also make out with you all at the same time?"

I smile. "That would be why."

The next thing I know John B, Sarah, Topper, and Yvonne are fighting.

"You wanna start shit right now?" Topper asks John B.

"Do I wanna start some shit?" John B asks.

Everyone circles around them knowing shit is going to pop off.