Jū ni 一 Reinforcements

Itachi's fingers drummed nervously against his legs. Onyx eyes staring vacantly at the floor as his mind ran rampant with thoughts of the night. How was he going to get out of here in time? What if he missed [Name] and-

"Uchiha, are you going to acknowledge that I'm talking to you or are you going to continue staring at the floor?"

Itachi's head jerked upright in surprise from Kabuto's voice. Why did Kabuto have to bring him into his new office when he needed to wait on [Name]'s arrival?

He watched Kabuto cautiously as he stood from his office chair and walked over to the window to look out into the night. For a second Itachi panicked, for he feared Kabuto might see something or someone. So, he decided to distract him.

"What did you call me in here for?"

Kabuto chuckled dryly and then spun around to face Itachi, once again that bastard smirk taking up residence on his lips. "I decided it would be best to let you know about all of the changes that I'm in the process of making. Orochimaru was obviously too lenient on the patients here, resulting in your failed attempt at an escapade." Kabuto stopped talking briefly to walk around his desk and stand in front of Itachi. "I also talked to your brother and apparently Uchiha Enterprises will be helping us to up our security very soon, no later than tomorrow. Nevertheless, I wanted to warn you that if you try to escape again, there will be dire consequences; more than just locking you up in solace in your room. Orochimaru never agreed to it, but I'm trying to get the electric shock treatments back. Kami knows all these sociopaths need it." Kabuto shook his head and frowned before walking back to sit in his office chair again.

"Actually, I've been thinking hard about this, but I've decided that you don't have to stay locked up in your room at all times while only getting bathroom privileges. I honestly think that's a little sad. It's as if you're being treated as some rat or something." Kabuto glanced up at Itachi with a glint of mischief in his dark colored orbs. "I figured that since the object of your affections and inspirations has decided to run away and leave you here to rot in your own personal hell, I should at least let you converse with your fellow patients." He then threw his head back as a short laugh passed his lips, then he looked to Itachi again. "I hear Hidan's been dying to see you again. Said something about a Jashin sacrifice, if I'm not mistaken?"

Anger brimmed over in Itachi, he wanted to stand up and punch Kabuto in the face, but he decided against it for it would only cause a commotion that would make it inevitable for him to miss [Name]'s coming to get him. Itachi opted to not say a word, and judging by the frustrated look on Kabuto's face from the Uchiha's lack of interest in the conversation, Itachi decided that that was enough for him.

"Are we done here? It is past curfew and I would very much like to sleep." Itachi's voice came out gruff and his eyes narrowed at Kabuto. Kabuto merely sneered before he caught himself and quickly replaced his sneer with a stoic expression.

"Sure. You're dismissed, for now." He waved his hand signaling for Itachi to leave and that was that. Itachi expected that reaction from Kabuto. What he hadn't expected was the huge, loud explosion which met his ears as he came to his side of the sanitarium.

Without wasting a second more Itachi took off in a dead run toward the explosion. It had to be [Name] and her new friends putting their plan into motion.

As soon as he reached the door to his room, he didn't have to look long before finding where the explosion was set off at. In the same hallway of his room, down at the end, was a huge hole in the wall. His heart skipped a beat when his eyes landed on [Name], a smirk on her lips. His eyes took her in; clothes disheveled, dust in her hair from the exploded concrete and her hands on her hips.