Chaper 9 -The new member

(When a new life takes place)

I stare at the test. I was shocked yet I couldn't feel anything but happiness. I admit, yes, I did stop taking birth control a few years ago, but we started using condoms. Just until we were ready. Turns out fate had other plans.

I had noticed that my period was a little late but I thought it was just stress from work. Being within the top ten hero ranks can leave me pretty busy. Which, in turn, can be pretty stressful. Not to mention, I'm dating the number 1 pro hero.

I noticed that I've been getting nauseous a couple of times. I haven't gotten sick yet, but the dizziness kept me from getting up from bed on some days.

Not only sickness, but also grogginess as well. My energy was drained. I have also been more hungry. I thought about my symptoms and bought a couple of tests. All had the same result.

I was pregnant. I was pregnant with Izuku's baby.

I couldn't be happier. Yet, I couldn't help but worry. Would he want this baby? I don't see why he wouldn't.

I shake my head, willing the doubt away. For right now, I knew exactly how to tell him. But first, I needed some help from the grandparents to be.

"You're what?!" Momma yelled. I had invited my parents and Inko out for lunch. Luckily for me, Izu was called out to Tokyo for the weekend. So he was out of the house for a bit.

I had just told my parents and Inko that I was pregnant, hence Momma's reaction. Dad was sitting there, shocked while Inko started tearing up.

"I'm pregnant and I would like your help setting up a surprise for Izu."

"What kind of surprise?" Dad asked.

"Nothing big. His birthday is in two months. By that time, I should be far along enough to know the gender of the baby. If possible, I want to have his birthday cake as the color of the baby. And I want to get a few baby things together and make it his present."

"That sounds like a lovely surprise." Inko said. "B-but are you sure you want to find out the gender of the baby without him?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No. I'm not going to find out the gender. I'm going to have the ultrasound to see if they can tell the gender of the baby and you guys are going to find out and make the cake. That way we'll be finding out the gender together." I say.

"That sounds like a good idea! Well thought out." Momma said. "When exactly is his birthday?"

"July fifteenth. I'm planning on taking him out doing whatever he wants. While I'm doing that, you three are going to decorate the house and make the cake." I say. "Sounds like a plan?"

"That sounds like a plan." Dad says.

"I can't believe it. We're going to be grandparents." Momma said, the realization now sinking in. I simply smile and hug her back when she wraps her arms around me.

"Puppy, what are you doing?" Izu asks as I lead him away from the elevator. We had just gotten back from our run into town. We went everywhere he wanted. We went to the movies and watched the movie that he's been wanting to see. We ate lunch at his favorite restaurant after the movie. Then we spent the rest of the day shopping until I got the message from Momma saying the house was ready for him.

"What'd you mean? We're walking to the apartment." I say, innocently.

"Yes but you're up to something." He said. He knew me so well, but I wasn't going to let him realize my plan.