Chapter 11 - The Proposal

(When Izuku has a very important question for her)

NO ONE'S POV:

While he was in the hospital, Izuku has been thinking. He was really close to losing his life to that villain. He not only almost left his love, he almost left his daughter to live without her father.

He hasn't even asked her to marry him yet. He figured, now was the time to make it official. He was going to ask her. He wants to take the next step.

He wanted to wait until he was better. Now, it’s been a few weeks and he’s a lot better. Normally, someone would make a reservation at a restaurant and propose there but he knew that she’d hate the attention so instead, he opted to get his friends’ help.

Ochako, Mina, and Momo had agreed to take her out and take her shopping. While they were gone, He would set up their apartment to surprise her. He hoped she would say yes.

YOUR POV:

My feet hurt. The girls came by and dragged me out of the apartment to go shopping. As much as I tried to refuse, they didn’t take no for an answer. Though, I guess it wasn’t all bad. I did get more clothes for little Sora. As well as a few more toys. 

Now we were on our way back. I was so tired, I think I started dozing off.

“Hey, hey!” Mina said, jolting me awake. “Let’s go get ice cream!”

“I’d like some.” Momo said.

“Hmmm!!! Ice cream..” Ochako said.

I thought for a bit, then my stomach growled and I have been craving something sweet. “Alright. Let’s go.”

Mina pulled into a restaurant and ordered us all ice cream. Then we sat in the car, indulging in the sweet treat. I noticed that Momo’s phone went off and she said something to Mina. Then we started heading home.

They helped me into the building and carried my groceries for me. Then I opened the door and my jaw dropped. The girls giggled and set my groceries by the door. They wished me luck and left. I was alone. 

There were rose petals along with battery candles creating a path to the dining room. I followed them, not sure on how I should feel. Then I rounded the corner to find the table decked out in dishes and three candles in the middle. I covered my mouth with my hands, tears threatening to escape.

“Welcome home, Puppy.” Izuku said in my ear. He reached around and pulled me into his chest. I simply cried. 

“Izuku…” I whimpered.

“Surprise.” He said, kissing my neck. “I made your favorite dish. As well as your favorite side dishes. After dinner, I have your favorite movie set up, as well as your favorite blanket. Then after, you can take a soak in your favorite bubble bath.” 

“Oh… Izu!! That’s so sweet…” I sobbed. Normally, I wouldn’t cry this much but Sora has me crying over simple things and it takes me a while to stop. Izuku just holds me and sways gently side to side.

Sood enough, my sobbing ceases and Izuku leads me over to my seat. He filled my plate with food, which I happily munched on. A few more tears did escape but they were controllable. 

Once we were finished eating, Izuku became silent. I looked up at him. “Izuku? Are you okay?”

“Yeah. Actually. I’ve been thinking.” He said. I tilt my head in confusion. “I realized something, while in the hospital.” He stood and made his way over to me. “I realized that I almost left you.” He placed his hands on my stomach. “I almost left our daughter without her father. I realized then that everytime we leave this house, there’s no guarantee that we’ll be coming back. Life is never peaceful, but survival.” He said.

“Izuku? What are you-?”

“I can’t wait any longer. I can’t put this off and wait for the perfect moment. Instead I have to make the perfect moment myself and that’s what I did. I know I’m not perfect. No man really is but that’s not why you love me. You love me for me. Because of who I am. That’s why I love you, too. I love you for you. I love you so much, Puppy. That’s why I didn’t want to wait any longer to take the next step.” He said.

I became even more confused, until he pulled something out of his pocket. It was a ring box. I covered my mouth, tears stinging my eyes. “Puppy. We’ve been together happily for five years now. I want to continue living happily with you for years to come. However, I don’t want to just be boyfriend and girlfriend. I want to be something more. So Puppy. Will you continue to live with me as my wife and I as your husband?” Tears overflowed. Izuku had just asked me to marry him. 

I sniffled. I nodded. “Of course. Yes. Yes. yes. Of course I will.” If I wasn’t pregnant, I would’ve thrown myself at him. Izuku slid the ring on my finger. Then he stood and helped me to my feet. Then I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him the best I could.

I didn’t want to let him go. He knew that I didn’t want to let him go just yet, so he wrapped his arm under my legs and lifted me up bridal style. “This is how I’m going to carry you once you become Mrs. Midoriya.” He said.

I flushed and buried my face in the crook of his neck. I cried into his skin. He took me to the couch where he started the movie and then snuggled up against me. I got so comfortable, I don’t remember seeing the end of the movie. I remember Izuku shaking me awake and I found that I had fallen asleep on his lap.

“Maybe we should save the bath for tomorrow. You seem tired and we don’t need you falling asleep in the bath.” He said, kissing the top of my head. Tiredly, I nod my head. 

Izuku got up and shut the player off along with the tv. Then he came back over to me and picked me up in his arms again. He took me to our bedroom and placed me on the bed. Then he fixed my pillows and tucked the blanket around me. 

“I’ll be back. I’ll go clean up and then I’ll come to bed.” He said and kissed my temple again.

“Ok.”

He left the room and I could hear noises coming from the kitchen. My guess is that he was cleaning the dishes. I happened to stay awake until he came back to the room a half hour later. 

I watched him quietly navigate the room. I watched as he pulled his shirt up over his head. Then I watched as his pants dropped. I felt the familiar sense of heat down in my core. I groaned and turned to face Izuku’s side of the bed. Damn horniness caused by pregnancy.

“Puppy?” Izuku asks with concern. “Is there something wrong?”

“Stupid pregnancy making me horny.” I grumbled. It was silent until Izuku laughed. He came over and crawled into bed. Then he got me as close as we could get. 

“So… want me to do something about it?” He said in my ear. I covered my face but nodded nonetheless. Izuku only chuckles more.