12

Watching portals lined in sparking gold appear out of thin air was no more surprising than anything else that had happened in the last half an hour that had past since Basil had watched his body reform. To see a man in a red cloak and blue robes, with facial hair similar to Tony's, stick his head through was only slightly more surprising. The man glanced over them before settling his gaze on Basil. "Ah, Corporal Parrish. I am Dr Strange. It is good to meet a fellow medical professional". He stepped out to reveal and flowing red cloak and dark midnight blue robes. As he did, more portals appeared and various robed individuals peered through. They seemed to scattered from various different places. There was familiar New York and London streets behind a few of them.

"Likewise", Basil frowned. He had no idea who this man was. A wizard? That was a cool name though. Was it his real one?

"What are you?" Bucky asked. He was barely a step away from Basil, as if the younger man would disappear at a moments notice. (That had been known to happen). "Warlock? Wizard?"

"You're a wizard Harry", Basil muttered under his breath, chuckling at the reference. "
(Nat and Clint had made him and Steve watch the Harry Potter movies during the avengers movies nights before everything went to shit. He had enjoyed them).

"Sorcerer", Dr Strange corrected, raising an eyebrow at Basil before continuing. "And I am here to bring you all to speed".

"I already know", T'Challa strode out of the doors to Shuri's lab, shortly followed by Okoye and Shuri herself. The city of wakanda didn't seem much changed from five years ago but if you looked, there was a few small differences that stuck out. Okoye looked more worn than she had been the last time Basil had seen her. Her uniform was slightly different and she was watching the king and princess with a disbelieving keenness. T'Challa greeted Dr Strange with a nod as the Sorcerer saluted. "Thanos won. We have all been gone for five years. But, tell me, how come we are back?"

"It's a long story that I do not have the time to tell you", Dr Strange sighed. He seemed battered and tired. Behind him, a head with a red mask decorated with spiderwebs stuck itself through the portal. They seemed to be in a place with red. Red sand, red rocks, red sky. Spiderman practically blended in as he peered through the portal.

"Oh spider guy!" Basil exclaimed. He hadn't seen the kid since the whole disbanding of the avengers.

Spiderman waved at him and Bucky. "Hi Corporal Parrish, sir. And Sargent Barnes. You're not still mad about Germany right?"

"Water under the bridge", Basil grinned. Beside him, Bucky lifted his metal arm. Spiderman let out a noise of panic and disappeared out of sight again. Bucky scratched his chin and glanced down to catch Basil's eye.

"What?" He asked, amusement in his blue eyes. Basil just smiled and shook his head fondly.

While Bucky had been scaring the spider kid, Dr Strange had been speaking. "-I need you to gather your forces. Thanos is attacking the avengers headquarters and they are going to need all the help they can get. There is time for explanations and answers later".

"I shall bring what I can". T'Challa nodded. "I have some scores to settle with Thanos".

"Get in line", Wanda stepped out of the shadows of the building and crossed her arms. Basil gazed at her sadly. He wanted to go and give her a hug but had not gotten a time with all the confusion of coming back from the dead. He had barely been able to wave at Sam or Rhodes, much less comfort her over Vision. Everything was going so fast.

"Okoye. Get the army ready. We're going to war". Okoye nodded and began sending orders down her wrist computer.

"I shall portal you through", Dr Strange stated.