Bleed for me

A/N-I'm so sorry it's been so long 😭

      The already small room was closing in on me as I pushed and pounded against the metal door knowing that it wouldn't budge but that didn't stop me from trying until my knuckles bled from my effort

The already small room was closing in on me as I pushed and pounded against the metal door knowing that it wouldn't budge but that didn't stop me from trying until my knuckles bled from my effort. My face and eyes were puffy and my throat felt like I had swallowed flames as I wailed into the darkness.

      "Merle!" My voice came out as a gargled choke. He had left me and crushed whatever was left of my heart in the process. "I hate you, Merle Dixon. I hate you so fucking much!"

      From somewhere on the other side of the door I heard someone enter and for a second I hoped that maybe it was Merle returning for me after realizing that he needed me after all. But when the door was opened and the bright light flooded into the closet I was disappointed to see the face of the younger Dixon staring at me.

      "Where's my brother?" He hissed. I shot passed him and towards the exit but I didn't make it far before his hard was wrapping around my arm and pulling me back towards him. His eyes were wild and his face expressionless as he commanded me to answer him through his actions alone. Inhaling a shaky breath I turned away from him, refusing to let him see my tear stained face.

       "He went to deliver Michonne to The Governor." I didn't need to look at his face to recognize the confusion that had found its way across it. Instead I focused on Anubis who paced around me with small whines, no doubt feeling all the same swirling emotions as I did. "We have to go after him."

      Daryl was already heading towards the door. "Already planned on it."

      "Well, we're coming with you." To my surprise he didn't protest and let me follow closely behind him. To my annoyance he wanted to stop and talk to the rest of the group to keep them updated on where we were going. Why a grown man needed to tell another grown man his whereabouts made no sense to me. We could tell him after we successfully found Merle.

He finally joined me and Anubis by the gate and we headed off towards the old mill where the exchange was going to happen. Daryl moved at a much faster pace then I did and I was practically running to keep up to his haste walking.

"Why were you locked in that room?"

I casted him a quick side-eyed glance before letting out a response between breathless pants. "Does it really matter?"

He didn't push but did quicken his pace. We made it two miles outside the prison before Michonne emerged from the woods onto the road. My eyes scanned the tree line for any trace of Merle, but there was none. I pulled the handgun out of my waistband and pointed it at Michonne's head. The only thought that made sense was that she somehow managed to kill my Dixon friend. My fear of losing Merle was overriding any clear thoughts and emotions that tried to break its way to the surface of my brain.