Island Life

23 years old

Everlee walks out of the airport looking around for Steve. After two years texting and calling weren't enough and she had to see her brother face to face.

"Pup!"

Everlee turned just in time to see Steve grab her into a crushing embrace. He lifted her off her feet and Everlee dropped her suitcase to hug him back just as tight. They stod there for a few minutes before they let each other go and smiled at each other.

"Hey Smooth Dog."

A short blonde man walked up to the two as they reunited, "Wow, when Steven called you pup I expected someone shorter."

The two turned to face the man and just laugh, "Pup this is Danno. Danno this is my Pup. The rest of the team is back at my place waiting to meet you."

"Nice to meet the man I've heard so much about." Everlee shakes Danno's hand, "Thanks for keeping him from getting himself killed."

"Alright, that's enough of that." Steve picked up Everlee's bag and guided the two back toward the car.

"So he's always been a neanderthal then?"

"Ha, you think I'm bad, Pup is twice the danger magnet I am."

24 years old

Everlee carefully lines three silver dollar pancakes on a plate next to a breakfast smoothie, "Atlas! Breakfast is ready!"

Not even a minute passes by when a young boy quietly walks into the room. He struggles to pull himself up into his booster seat at the breakfast nook, but Everlee doesn't approach him or attempt to help. 

Atlas makes it into his seat and offers a hesitant smile Everlee's way. 

"Nice job bud. Go ahead and get started on breakfast and I'll tell you what's on the agenda today. Is that okay with you?" 

She waits for a response as Atlas thinks it over, when he nods and picks up his first pancake Everlee starts talking. 

"After breakfast is music and personal play time while I clean up and get our stuff ready for the day. Beach time until 11: 45, I'll remember to bring your toys. Lunch with Uncle Steve and the team is at 12. At nap time today, you can have an audiobook playing or just the white noise machine, but you don't have to choose until later okay? Snacks are at 3:00 and today is Thursday so therapy at 4:30. Free play until I finish getting dinner ready. Mommy and son time is at 5:15, and bedtime is at 7 as always."

Everlee waits for Atlas to acknowledge the day's schedule before talking once again, "Any questions?"

Atlas just pushes his empty plate away and waits.

"Alright then." Everlee gently wipes Atlas' hands and face before helping him down from his chair.