Season One

26 years old

Everlee runs around her apartment because of how LA traffic is if she doesn't leave soon she'll be late for work. She slides her phone into her back pocket before knocking on Atlas' bedroom door. 

"I'm heading into work and need to say goodbye before I leave. Kisses, hugs, or bumps today?"

"Hugs."

"Alright, one extra tight hug coming up." Everlee kneeled in front of her kid and gave him a tight squeeze. "I love you, and I'll see you after work today. Charlie is picking you up, but I'll be home before bedtime so you can tell me all about your day."

Atlas nods and Everlee runs off bumping into Charlie, the homecare nurse she hired when she first moved to the city and joined the Fire Academy.

"Here, you don't have time to stop at Starbucks today." He hands her a travel mug of coffee and a blueberry muffin.

Everlee just laughs, "How have I survived without you in my life?"

_____________________________

The A-shift is sitting in the loft between calls when Hen gently shoulder nudges a quiet Buck. "You alright Buck? I've never seen you so quiet."

Buck sighs and rubs at her forehead like she has a headache, "I can't shake that last call. I'm angry that a mother could do that to her kid."

"She was a kid herself. She was scared."

"I know!"

Buck's shout catches Chimney and Bobby's attention and Buck lowers her volume, "I know she's just a kid but there are hundreds of programs and centers in this city alone for people and kids like her to get help. I just, I'm sorry."

"Why is this one so personal for you Buck?"

Buck hesitates, "I can't have kids. I didn't even know I wanted any before I lost the ability to carry them."

______________________________________

The Firehouse is celebrating Chimney's recovery as well as Valentine's Day with a cake and other treats. Buck stands around the kitchen until she sees Charlie arrive up the loft stairs. She smiles and runs over to him greeting him with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. They talk for a little while before she heads over to get him a slice of cake.

"Are you and nurse hottie dating?" Hen asks as she slides in beside her.

Buck laughs, "No, no we're not dating. He is very much in love with his boyfriend." but the thought persists through the rest of her shift.

Her next night off Buck and Atlas are sitting together watching a documentary and eating discounted chocolate when she asks him how he would feel if she started dating. 

"They can't have my room or break our rules."

Buck smiles, "No they won't have your room. You are the most important person in my life and if they can't follow our rules I don't want to date them."

_______________________________________

The crew drives into the station they climb the stairs to find Charlie and Atlas waiting for them

Buck is immediately worried. "Is everything okay?"

"Everything is great. Atlas just couldn't wait to show you what he's been working on in therapy." Charlie says.

Buck squats in front of Atlas and nods for him to go ahead.

"I'm Atlas. I'm six. Home: 9400 E 47th Street #682. Mom's number: 213-200-6734. Charlie's number: 951-326-0122." Atlas says softly all while making eye contact with Buck.

Buck gets all teary, "I'm so proud of you baby! All that hard work is paying off, isn't it? Hug, kiss, or bumps?"

"Kiss.Kiss. Kiss."

Buck laughs, "three whole kisses wow." Buck gives him one loud kiss on the cheek. "one." She kisses him on the other cheek. "two." Buck pretends to move in slow motion as she goes to kiss his forehead and Atlas giggles and stomps his feet happily. She kisses his forehead making a loud mwah sound. "Three. Thank you so much for those three kisses. Now, are you ready to meet new people?"

Atlas puts his hand on Buck's leg and taps. Buck takes that as a yes and stands up to face her coworkers. "Everyone this is my son Atlas. Atlas this is who mom works with. Bobby, Chimney, and Hen."

💙Triple Update💙