09| BULLET

Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Bullet

DIANA removed a red leather jacket from her locker and threw it on; covering her arms that were bare due to the black tank top she wore paired with black skinny jeans and heeled black leather ankle boots to give herself more height. She was planning on studying in the library after school and had told Stiles to go home without her. With her books clutched tightly in her arm and her bag hanging off her shoulder, she closed her locker and began making her way through the halls; dodging those that were rushing to leave for the day. When she turned down a hall that was deserted; her feet froze in place at Derek pinning Jackson to the lockers; a hand gripping the back of his neck. "Derek?" Her voice carried through the hall causing Derek's head to turn to look at her.

She noticed he was extremely pale and his eyes had dark reddish bags under them; the sweat on his face glistened from the lights. He removed his hand from Jackson's neck as Diana finally unfroze and rushed towards him. "You know this freak?" Jackson snarled at Diana when she entered his line of sight; gripping the back of his head that was now bleeding from Derek's claws.

"Fuck off, Jackass," she snapped back as she guided Derek away; him struggling to keep upright.

Blood trailed behind them and Diana noticed the source of the blood was coming from Derek's arm. She placed him against the wall and pulled up the sleeve of Derek's jacket to find a bullet wound with black veins expanding off it. "Oh my god," she gasped as she placed a hand over her mouth.

"Where is Scott?" Derek's voice was weak; watching as Diana began searching through her bag for something to stop him from bleeding everywhere.

Even through his hazy eyes, Derek couldn't help but admire how beautiful the girl was; watching how her eyes lit up as she pulled up a black cardigan from her bag. "I think Scott is outside by the bike rack. Why aren't you healing?" She asked him as she wrapped her spare cardigan around his arm and secured it tightly.

"Come on," she said; not letting him answer as she gripped his arm and threw it around her shoulder and began leading him outside; hoping to get to Stiles before he left.

Derek leaned against Diana but not with all his weight. They made it outside and Diana noticed her brother was already in his Jeep. "Crap," she muttered under her breath as she tried to pick up her pace whilst carrying the larger and taller man who was getting weaker by the minute.

Hoping Stiles would stop, they stepped out in front of the Jeep which came screeching to a halt. The cars behind the Jeep began beeping their horns. Derek slipped out of Diana's hold as he fell to the ground; not wanting to take her down with him.