11| KATE

Chapter Eleven 

Chapter Eleven 

Kate

SHE felt like a fly on the wall as she watched on. Diana recognised she was in the video rental store and the store clerk was fixing the blinking light. "Hello?" she called out to the man but he didn't hear her.

"Hello?" she called out again as she reached up to touch him but her hand went through him.

"What the?" she whispered as she stared down at her hand.

Her head turned around to look at her surroundings and her reflection in the store windows made her freeze. It was the figure that she kept seeing. They looked identical to her and now she could see their whole outfit. They wore red chestplate with angular faulds extending into an ankle-length skirt and long sleeves, black trousers and black boots. Much like the intricate tiara across their forehead, the outfit had splashes of black throughout the chestplate. The figure smirked at her before placing a finger against her lips revealing that their fingertips were black. The figure winked and pointed towards the man. Diana turned her head and felt her heart jump out of her chest when a black blur knocked the man off the ladder. She slowly walked towards the aisle the man had landed in and gasped when she saw his throat had been clawed out. A loud growl caused her head to snap up to see red glowing eyes. Diana was face to face with the Alpha Derek was searching for and he could see her. It was a large, monstrous wolf-like beast with black fur and large claws and fangs.

She tilted her head to the side slightly and was surprised that the Alpha mimicked her. Before Diana could react, it lunged at her.

Diana shot up in bed as she let out a scream. A hand went over her heart which was beating fast. Sweat clung to her skin and caused her clothes and hair to stick to her skin. After several deep breaths later, her heart finally calmed down so that she could think clearly. What had she seen? Who was the figure? Was the figure actually...her? Had she seen the Alpha? Did that happen or was it just a dream?

She threw herself back down on her bed and stared at the ceiling before closing her eyes. Red eyes flashed in the darkness which caused her eyes to snap open. She grabbed her covers and threw them over herself, shielding herself from the world. Something was wrong with her and Derek may be the only one who could give her answers.

When Diana awoke the next morning, Stiles had informed her that her dream was real. Very real. She didn't tell him about her dream because the last thing she needed was her brother thinking she was nuts. Deciding her sanity was more important than attending school for the day, Diana started researching but all things pointed to her being completely crazy. So she decided to seek out Derek and she knew where to start.

Her boots crunched the dry leaves under her feet as she made her way through the woods towards the Hale House. She swears she has spent more time in the woods these past few weeks than she has her entire life in Beacon Hills. She knocked on the door before letting herself into the house. "Derek?' Diana's voice echoed throughout the silent house.