Chapter Fifty-Seven: Decisions

Hi Readers:
I wanted to let you all know that I decided to merge the original Chapter Fifty-Seven that I planned to write into the original Chapter Fifty-Six that I posted for you earlier today. (Sorry for not posting as much as I normally do). I've been busy today, and I promise to try and post more over the next couple days. But for now, we're going to get back into it.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When Matt told her that he'd go back to the firehouse with her if she wanted to go back, Gabby was actually a bit shocked since she thought that Matt was done at the firehouse; heck, that wasn't the reaction to what she said that she expected at all. Rather, she expected him to say that he wasn't going to let her go back since he isn't going back; but that isn't what happened. And that was a nice thing (I guess). She really isn't sure yet whether it's a good thing that he didn't react that way, or if it's a good thing that Matt seems open to letting her go back to the firehouse. So, this truly will be an interesting conversation due to the fact that she has no idea where this conversation is going to go; nor does she know what else Matt is going to tell her about their future plans. I mean, this is already a huge change for him; as he says that he's going to go back. But that brings up a certain question, the position that he'd go back. "Baby, just a quick question." Matt agreed.

"What is it baby?" Gabby took a breath. "When you say that you'd go back if I went back...what position are you thinking about?" Matt shrugged when Gabby asked him what position he'd go back to, as he wasn't exactly sure what position he'd go back to if he were to go back to the firehouse. Turning his head, he decided to give Gabby's forehead another kiss while rubbing her back. God, just the way Gabby is laying down in his arms right now is absolutely perfect. Matt truly is very happy right now, and he's just glad that this is how they're going to spend their day. "Honestly, I'm not there yet. But we don't really have to worry about this right now baby, because it isn't going to happy anytime soon; rather, it won't be happening until the kids are older. I want to stay out for at least a year to eighteen months before I even think about going back, and I know by that time you aren't going to be ready to go back." Gabby agreed with her husband, smiling.

"Good, because I really like how we get to have all of this quality time together before we have the kids." Matt laughed as he looked down at her, pressing his lips to her forehead again before watching as Gabby looked up at him. Moving his arm to her lower back, Matt smiled as he wrapped his arm around her baby bump and put his hand on it. He then proceeded to bend down and kissed her lips softly. Stroking Matt's back as he kissed her slowly, Gabby just smiled because this is exactly what she wanted to be doing right now. God, she truly is extremely comfortable; and there's nothing better than the feeling of Matt having his arm around her, especially when he's running his hand up and down her back in this fashion. There's just something about his wedding band running itself up and down her back that makes her have goosebumps all over her body. However, it isn't making her shiver anymore; and that's due to the fact that her husband is so hot (in both ways).

Yes, he's truly a very handsome and hunky man (so, he's hot in that way). But she could swear, this man that she's very comfy cuddling up to right now could also be a room heater. He eludes so much body heat when they cuddle up to each other, that she very rarely shivers. The only time that she shivers, is when she's happy. But, Matt takes it that she's cold and just pulls the covers up on top of Gabby in a way that she can't say that she doesn't need; because it's so comfortable, and she loves having the covers on top of the both of them as well. It's very comfortable, and there's nothing better than the feeling of her loving husband running his hand up and down her back. Oh, and the covers being on top of the both of them. Then, he's stuck in bed with her for the rest of the day. God, just the idea of Matt being stuck in bed with her is perfect; because there's nowhere else that Gabby would rather have him be right now. She wants him in their bed with her today.