Chapter 13, Alexander

Chapter 13, Alexander (The next day)
Troy murmured softly as he resituated..His arms were wrapped around lyric, holding her against him. She let out a content sigh as she settled into him, squeezing her leg in between his. Troy allowed her leg in and pulled her closer to him, setting his head against hers. He was drifting back to sleep when he just realized that this cuddling definitely wasn't a normal thing in his life..between him and well.. anybody. His eyes shot open and he stared at the wall for a moment in silence..He began to glance around briefly, pressing his lips into a thin line. Oh..Lyrics room..So I am holding my best friend in a, quite frankly, romantic manner. That's fabulous. Troy took in a quiet deep breath and leaned back to look at her, her body following him as he leaned away. He sat there for a few seconds before hesitantly looking down, She was nuzzled into him with her arm draped around his side..her face halfway hidden in his chest. God, she looked gorgeous. Even when she slept. His look softened and he began to gaze at her..admiring her features. Even though she wasn't aware of it and she wouldn't allow it if they were awake..They were holding each other, They were sleeping like this, comfortably, That's all he needed to make him smile.

She slightly resituated and a piece of fell into her face..Troy watched it fall and hesitated on it for a moment, not wanting to wake her..he gently moved it aside, tucking it away behind her ear. He laid there for a few minutes, not wanting to disturb her. She looked so peaceful, and content. He didn't get to see her like this very often. Troy exhaled and took a glance at the clock on her nightstand. 7:27 pm. His eyes widened. Oh fuck, it's late. He gently started to pull his arms out from under Lyric, making her begin to stir. He paused when she did, Lyric groaning softly. Troy cleared his throat softly and sat up, making Lyrics arm fall from his side. "Hey Ly?" He said softly, taking a glance back at Lyric to see her eyes reluctantly flicker open. "Mm.." She hummed tiredly, closing her eyes briefly before opening them again, flashing him a smile. "Hi" She whispered back. "It's 7:30. We should probably get up, make dinner, etc." Troy said softly..Lyric began nodding, a smile spreading across her face, she held it back along with what she wanted to say "Okay" She whispered and he cocked an eyebrow..Lyric hesitating "Is my bed seriously that comfortable for you?" Lyric teased, her voice raspy and tired, Troys eyebrow fell and he chuckled. "Possibly...Or maybe there's just something about falling asleep and waking up next to you that comforts me" He admitted through a yawn, scratching the side of his neck,
She let out a soft laugh. "Don't get all sappy on me, Harvin." Lyric said, pushing herself up out of bed. He chuckled, running a hand through his hair as he stood up. "You know..I can't believe I fell asleep during karate kid. I love that movie" Lyric said in disbelief as she strolled to her bedroom door, she grabbed the remote off of her dresser and turned her tv off. "It must've been the 3 pot brownies you ate" Troy said simply, sliding his phone into his pocket as he followed her out of her room. Lyric turned to look at him with an offended look on her face as they made their way to the bathroom which made him snicker. "Don't be jealous that I was still functioning after 3 because you had 1 and a half and you were tripping balls, man." Lyric said with a laugh. Troys eyes widened slightly, following her into the bathroom. "Seriously?" He uttered quietly before he covered his mouth with one hand, laughing out of embarrassment. Lyric nodding with a victory smile spreading across her face as she removed her and Troys toothbrush from the bathroom cabinet. "Your eyes looked like a blood pool. I swear to god you must've eaten everything in the cupboards, we should probably go shopping" Lyric stated, offering his toothbrush to him. He pursed his lips into a thin line, silently taking his toothbrush from her as she flipped on the sink water. "Are we still making spaghetti tonight?" She questioned, Troy nodding in response as he ran his toothbrush under the water, then squirting some toothpaste onto it.

(45 minutes later) Troy stirred the spaghetti sauce while Lyric set out the bowls and utensils on the counter, preparing to take them to the table. The kids were sitting at the table, doing their homework. Troy took a glance back at her and then scooped up a little spaghetti sauce onto the spoon he had been stirring it with. "Taste?" He said as he offered the spoon to her.
Lyric turned to look at him and took a glance down at the spoon, letting out a short chuckle. "Don't shove the spoon down my throat" She said, Troy smiling. "Don't temp me"  Lyric hesitantly leaned forward and allowed him to feed it to her..placing her hand under her chin just in case it spilled. Lyric leaned back, licking her lips. "Hmm..." She hummed while she thought, their eyes meeting. "Maybe a little sugar" She stated. A smile spread across his face, nodding simply. "Yes ma'am" He murmured while turning back towards the stove, removing the sugar from the cupboard above it. She rolled her eyes playfully, a smile still sitting on her face. Pounding on the front door snapped them out of their comfortable little world they had together, their gaze met again briefly, Troy swallowing "That knock sure has meaning, it must be for you" Troy joked, sprinkling sugar into the pot of spaghetti sauce. Lyric smiled and playfully shoved his shoulder before she wandered off to the door.