Chapter 25, out of control

Original publish date: February 3rd, 2023

Chapter 14, Out of control

(7 months later) Lyric was eating a late dinner at the kitchen table, glancing up at the clock. 9:03 pm. Where in the hell is he? She thought, scoffing to herself as she twisted her fork in her pasta. Lyric heard the front door open and she lifted her head..her eyes meeting Troys darkened one's. Troy sighed of relief at her presence, flashing her a smile, She looked back down at her food, not saying a word to him. "Hey baby" Troy spoke up, hanging up his car keys and his coat. "You missed her appointment..The one you told me you would go to." Lyric uttered, still staring down at her food. Troy pausing for a moment and letting out a sigh "Shit I'm so sorry..I got busy at work and I completely forget. How is she? Everything okay?" Troy questioned as he walked over, Lyric scoffing under her breath and setting her fork down quite aggressively in her bowl which made a loud clink sound. "Yeah, the doctor said everything is great." Lyric replied flatly. Troy hummed in satisfactory as he leaned down and kissed her, Lyrics anger melted away for a moment and she kissed him back, until his tongue attempted to melt into hers and she leaned back. She stared at him in silence for a moment, Troy slightly tilting his head with a confused smile before lyric spoke up. "Have you been drinking?" She whispered, Troy looked confused, chuckling a little. "I got a drink with a coworker after work, yes" Troy admitted, going to kiss her again when she scooted her chair back completely dodging his kiss, she picked up her bowl and walked to the trash can. Troy paused to let out a sigh and followed her, Lyric throwing what was left of her food into the trash and setting the bowl in the sink.

She turned and Troy was right behind her, Lyric taking a step back right as he took a step forward towards her. He had her stuck up against the counter. "What's wrong? Why won't you kiss me?" He inquired, Lyric inhaling calmly and sighing, gripping the edges of the counter. "You taste like the floor of a bar." Lyric stated. Troy chuckling in disbelief. "It was just a couple drinks." Troy said as he leaned forward and kissed her again, Lyric tried to push him back. "Stop." She uttered against his lips but he kept going. "Troy stop!" Lyric said sharply as she shoved him away from her, Troy caught himself from falling and his entire mood darkened, along with his facial expressions, staring at her in silence. It honestly horrified Lyric, shrinking a little. "What the fuck is up with you?" He asked quietly and Lyric scoffed. "You. You are what's up with me." She stated, "What the hell did I do?" Troy asked in utter disbelief. "You're missing important parts of our kid growing up Troy. You're never here, always off drinking somewhere" Lyric said calmly. "Lyric..I have a few drinks to relax at the end of a hard day, I missed an appointment..It wasn't anything important." Troy stated. "This time." She replied. "What is that supposed to mean?" Troy asked with a defensive tone in his voice. "This time it was an appointment, next time it could be her first word or her first steps. Your drinking is getting out of control, Troy." Lyric stated. Troy scoffing. "Seriously?" He questioned her with a look of disbelief on his face. "You're never here. I don't want somebody who's always absent. Especially somebody that i have a kid with. Y-You need to clean up your act." Lyric said..she was visibly nervous.

Troy stared at her blankly, reading her body language. No eye contact, Fidgeting, Nervous short breaths. Troy blinking three times before speaking up. "What are you getting at, lyric?" Troy asked lowly as he stepped towards her, Lyric swallowed quietly and she stared at him. "I think we should take a break" Lyric hardly said..Troys eyes widened slightly as he stared at her. Silence between the two for at least 7 seconds as he continued to stare. "Are you going to leave me and take Scarlett from me?" He whispered and took another step to her. "It's not permanent..you need to get help Troy." Lyric said as she quickly turned and walked away, she wasn't comfortable with his tone or the way he was coming towards her. He grabbed her arm, making her look at him as he walked closer to her which made her try to back up, but she failed to because of his tightly he was holding her. Her eyes fell down to his fingers gripping her forearm, then hesitantly meeting his darkened eyes again. "Troy, Let go" Lyric whispered "Lyric y-you can't take Scarlett from me..you can't." He stated, "Troy Please, You're hurting me" Lyric begged under her breath as she tried to weasel her arm out of his grip. Troy paying no attention to her words "I have it under control. I need you guys." Troy pleaded, she successfully got out of his grip and she took a couple steps backwards but he followed. Lyric let out a soft gasp as her back hit the wall, staring up at him with slight fear in her eyes. "I-I have to-" "No you don't" Troy stated. "Troy-" "You can't take my daughter from me!" He yelled as he slammed his fist into the wall above her head, Lyric let out a yelp as she cowered down. She stared at his chest as her breathing picked up rapidly out of fear, her heart was pounding out of her chest. Troy realized what he had just done and looked at his fist buried in the wall, gently and slowly removing it and staring at the hole in the wall, small pieces of drywall crumbling on top of Lyric. If she wouldn't have moved..he most likely would've hit her. Lyric began to softly cry, frozen in fear. "Holy shit.." He whispered in disbelief. "Lyric I am so sorry." "Are you okay?" He whispered with fear in his voice, gently setting his hands on her each side of her shoulder, Lyric trembled as she drug in a small breath, lightly shaking her head as he spoke. "I didn't mean to..I-I panicked..I don't want to lose you or Scarlett or-" "Get away from me.." She whispered, Troy shaking his head in disbelief. "Lyric..-" "Get the fuck away from me!" Lyric yelled as she shoved him back, tears streaming down her face. Troy went back into the table, holding onto it as he peered at her..Lyric was crying so hard that she was practically shaking.