13

Lyra ran into the forest calling out Wednesday's name as she ran along. She ran around trees and bushes, searching for her. She made it to a big opening where she saw Rowan holding his hand out. Wednesday was pinned up against a tree with her arms spread out.

"Rowan?!", Lyra exclaimed.

He turned towards Lyra and held his other hand out. She then felt her body go flying against the tree. Lyra struggled to get out of Rowan's grasp. She twitched and hit the tree, thinking that could possibly break it down, but Wednesday just glared at her.

"YOU THINK THAT'S GOING TO HELP?!", Wednesday exclaimed.

"WORTH A SHOT!", Lyra said.

Lyra looked up at the moon and closed her eyes. She felt energy surge throughout her body. She held out her hands and felt beams of light cascading out of her fingertips. She opened her eyes and saw Rowan being blasted back by her magic. Lyra and Wednesday dropped to the ground. That's when a large humanoid creature ran and attacked Rowan. It ripped him apart and all Lyra could do was sit there. He was taken apart piece by piece and Lyra could barely hold in her puke.

"Oh my god.", Lyra said.

The monster turned towards Lyra and Wednesday. It stared at them and then ran off. Wednesday got up and struggled to run over to Rowan. Lyra followed. They sat down and Lyra gasped.

"Jesus. How did this even- I mean- Why would this- I can't look.", Lyra said.

"You can't tell Weems. You can't tell anyone.", the dark-haired girl said.

Lyra nodded quickly and then felt her head spin. She felt her body drop to the ground and into the grass. She saw Wednesday move over to her.

"Lyra! Lyra!", Wednesday yelled.

Then everything went black.