16

There were muffled voices all around Lyra. She could hear people saying big words that she didn't understand. Her voice felt groggy. Her head was pounding. She opened her eyes to see Weems looking down at her.

"Oh my lord. Thank god you're alive.", Weems said.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm just fine.", Lyra said.

She sat up and almost threw up. Enid brought over a trash can and Lyra did in fact throw up. Yoko held back her hair.

"Ew, that is disgusting.", Enid said.

"Enid, I'm literally throwing up so let's not judge me for that.", Lyra said.

Enid stepped back which made Wednesday stand up. The girl walked over to the bed and took over for Yoko. Lyra noticed her presence and stopped throwing up. Her face was green but pale at the same time. She smiled at Wednesday and the girl gave her a half smile.

"Alright, girls! Let's give these two some space.", Weems said as she took Enid and Yoko out of the room.

Lyra sat up as Wednesday gave her some water. She took a sip and began coughing again.

"Do you need the trash can?", she asked.

"No, no. I'll be fine. I promise."

"Last time you said that it ended up with you puking your guts out. I'm usually fond of people doing that but for some odd reason, I don't like when it happens to you."

Lyra gasped. She never in her wildest dreams thought that Wednesday Addams would say such a thing. She sat back and sipped some water again.

"Oh, well, I don't like it when it happens to me either. Glad we're on the same page.", Lyra said.

The girls glanced at each other one last time until the nurse came in. The woman shooed Wednesday out and Lyra held her hand out for her.

"Why are you having her leave?", she asked.

"You have to get some rest!", the nurse exclaimed.

Wednesday left without giving another look which saddened Lyra. She felt her heart get heavy in her chest. She felt like she couldn't breathe.

"I have to-I have to- sleep.", Lyra said.

"Yes, you do."