Part 1: The Prophecy

It is a warm, stormy evening in the land of Middle Earth. It is April and it has been raining for many days now. It is years before the ring has been discovered by Frodo and Gandalf. Tensions are rising every day, though. Our story begins in the land of Nén túrindielya, a small island off the shores of Rivendell. Even though it is located by Rivendell, humans live there, not many elves. There rules King Tophién, Queen Liuthina and their newly born daughter, Princess Emmeline. This very night, however, Gandalf the Grey is paying the family a visit...

Princess Emmeline has just been put to sleep when suddenly there is a pounding on the doors of the castle. The King and Queen have known Gandalf for many years and quickly usher him in. They invited him to the castle to bless their newborn child. The maids offer him some food and something to drink which he gladly accepts. The King, Queen and Gandalf talked of many old times together while Gandalf ate and drank. After he finished, the parents offered for Gandalf to see the baby. He was joyful.

The fireplace crackled lightly in the baby's room, making it a warm and soothing place. They walked in whispering lightly as to not disturb. Gandalf walked over the dimly lit crib and smiled. This was one of the first newborn children he had blessed in a while. Tensions were high, lately, as everyone knew very deep down that a great evil was soon coming. Gandalf held his staff in one hand and the other, he held over the crib of Emmeline. His eyes closed and he was muttering some kind of blessing spell over the baby.

As he did, though, the baby stirred a little in her sleep then suddenly, Gandalf's eyes turned white and in a deep voice, he boomed, "The true queen ruler of Gondor is coming soon. The ruler will have many visions of evil but has great strength within. During the hardest battles of mind and body, she will have courage, kindness and bravery through it all. The true queen ruler of Gondor is coming soon." Then, Gandalf's eyes went back to their normal color. The baby didn't move an inch as she did not hear a thing. The King and Queen were taken aback.

"What may I ask was that?" Queen Liuthina asked, concerned. "It was a prophecy told to me, I have been having quite a lot of those lately although I don't know why." Gandalf said. "Is this one about our Emmeline?" King Tophién questioned. "It may very well be, but prophecies are told to me at most random times, it may not be her. For all we know, it could be someone who lives on the other side of Middle Earth. Or, it may not happen at all. Tis just a prophecy." Gandalf said with a warm smile. "But...to reassure you...I would make sure the child starts to learn fighting by the age of 16. It is a challenging world we live in and it would be very important for the child to defend herself. I can already tell she has a great deal of strength in her even though it will probably be tested many times. I think it'd be just as well to have her befriend Arwen Evenstar of Rivendell. I think she'd find she has a best friend in her."

"Thank you for blessing our child." Queen Liuthina says smiling. "It was my pleasure. I have business in Rivendell I must attend to but I know I will see you all very soon." Gandalf says and then the royal couple led him to the door. He got back on his horse as the rain had paused for a short time, just enough time for him to make it to Rivendell. It was very dark outside however and so Gandalf was taking the forest-bridge road to Rivendell. He used the light on his staff to light his way and he was off. The King and Queen held each other as they watched him fade away into the distance. Thus begins the journey of Princess Emmeline.