Part 2: Growing up

It has been many moons since the visit of Gandalf to the King and Queen. When Emmeline was 2, Queen Liuthina died of health complications. The King was devastated. Arwen Evenstar of Rivendell helped to raise Emmeline when the King had other royal duties to attend to. Emmeline loved how magical Rivendell felt to her. This went on until Emmeline was about 12. The King then became so overridden with grief by this point that he thought the elves had something to do with the Queen's death. Emmeline was forbidden from having any contact with Rivendell ever since. Emmeline was devastated. Lord Elrond knew how much the King loved his Queen but the elves never took in any part of her death.

The King was also driven mad by Gandalf's prophecy made all of those years ago about Emmeline. Therefore, he did not want it to occur. He couldn't let it. He could not afford to lose another in his life. He closed the gates of his kingdom and stopped letting people outside of his own kingdom visit. No one came in or out without permission...

Thus, more years past and the little kingdom of Nén túrindielya stood quietly on it's island. Princess Emmeline is now at the age of 22 and is the most skilled fighter in all of the kingdom. As soon as she was forbade by her father from going to Rivendell, she started training. Her father wanted to take all precautions to ensure that Emmeline was safe. However, Emmeline longed for more outside of her kingdom and palace walls.

She longed for adventure and wanted to visit the dreamlike kingdom of Rivendell again, just as she remembered it as a child. She wanted to see Arwen again, although it has been 10 years and did not know if Arwen would even remember her. She longed to visit other kingdoms as well.

It was no secret that a great darkness has begun to stir. Emmeline took a break from training and walked along the beach of the kingdom that she has lived all of her life. She felt as if the waves were whispering secrets about this darkness. Emmeline trained in fighting with the best of the knights in the guard. She was a smaller girl but was not to be taken lightly. She had grown into a young woman. Just then, her father walked up behind her. "Emmeline, I have something very important to speak to you about," He started as they walked along the shoreline together. "You have come of age my daughter, you have grown into a beautiful young woman." He said.

"Thank you Father...but what does this mean?" "Emmeline... you have come of age. It is time to consider marriage." Emmeline was shocked. "But Father! I don't want to get married!" She said looking into her father's eyes. "Prince Jenoh is a lovely man and I'm sure you will be very happy with him." "What? You arranged a marriage with a man I've never even met and expect me to just, fall in love?" "Well, not immediately...but it would be good for the kingdom trading wise..." "Father, do you even take in to account my feelings?" Emmeline said, taken aback.

"You will marry this man whether you like it or not!" The king quickly snapped back. Emmeline shook her head in disbelief and tears formed into her eyes. "I can't! I won't." Then she ran off towards the palace. "Emmeline! I expect you at dinner tonight!" Her father yelled after her. She didn't stop until she reached her room. Then she let it all out and cried. How could he? Just then one of the servants knocked on her door. "Uhm, miss? I hate to intrude but the king sent me to tell you to be ready for dinner in an hour, he said Prince Jenoh will be here along with a few others." "Oh okay, thank you." Emmeline said quickly.

She knew that there was no escape from this. As unhappy she would be, she would do it for her kingdom. She drew a bath in her bathroom and soaked in the tub for a little bit. Then she dried her hair and changed into a crimson red and gold dress fit for a princess. It had been a while since she had put on a dress. She usually spent her days in comfortable clothing she could spar in. Her hair dried and she wore it down with a gold tiara.

 Her hair dried and she wore it down with a gold tiara

Then it was time for the dinner to begin. A servant came to fetch her and then Emmeline left the comfort of her room to face whatever lie ahead at the dinner...