✦ betrayal

CHRIS X [THE ORDER MEMBER] READER
GRIMES - 4ÆM 

KEYWORDS !
[...] = YOUR NAME OR A CHARACTER'S NAME OF YOUR DESIRE.

[established relationship between chris]
[mentions of stabbing/harm towards another] 

════════════════════════

The once-bright morning sky was now covered in a rich blue tapestry of darkness, like a hearth-spun blanket. The members' icy night as you covered yourself. You stared at the house of one of your close friends, which you and your posse were going to attack.

Chris.

Friends with Alex, who did not appear to be present at the time, he was your partner. Under the white mask, you murmured, and another member looked at you. "It's best not to ruin this," they said. You gave a nod, not sure if you should even put your life in danger for this. Chris' relationship with you was important, not only that, it was something he cared too much about. 

"Obviously, I won't." You hummed and spat back. You doubted that Chris would be in bed by this point. Despite the fact that your crew was directing him to flee and pursue erroneous goals, you have kept him up all night.

"Agreed, let's move." As their ever-present distraction moved in a different direction, another made a comment. "Right outside the window of Chris's bedroom." Together with the others, you sneaked out the front door, the soft snow crunching beneath your steps.

You didn't want this, but neither did you want to put yourself in danger of being killed. You wouldn't do it if it meant harming your boyfriend, but dying and leaving him in this mess was probably the worst thing you could have done.

It was impossible for you to ever leave him.

The sounds of Chris's footsteps sounded out from the front, you didn't make a peep, or a sound. 

A drawer clashing, the sound of glass breaking. That's all that you needed to do to alarm him. 

He rushed through the door and opened it to look at us. He was attempting to slam the door on us, and terror was written all over his face. We rushed after him as one of the Order members opened it before it closed. As I watched everyone chase after my lover, I hated this, and the pain in my stomach never seemed to go away.

Was it even true? I didn't want to continue causing harm to him; this was not right.

As the members rushed to his room, I could only hear someone falling above us. I jogged up the stairs before turning to face Chris. He had blood on his hand and one of the members' hands, and he was bleeding. Blood. As I tackled them to the ground, its crimson, glistening color ignited my passion.

"You stupid idiot!! There was only one rule: don't hurt him!" As you slammed him to the ground and shouted, you grabbed him by the shirt collar. As I stood, the other people were staring at me when I looked up. I quickly grabbed the knife and rushed to where Chris would be, dusting myself off.

The splattered handprint on the door of the bathroom indicated his location in the easiest way possible. I didn't want to say anything, but all I could hear was him choking and then falling to the ground. I was pushing myself so far that I was slamming the door open, God! I turned to anything that might alarm him enough to let you in and murmured something low.

Goddamit, where's his phone?

As the others had already left, you trotted down the stairs cautiously to avoid falling. You didn't care if Overseer got in trouble for you. Chris was your primary concern, and you will always remember that. As soon as you took off your mask, you were going to break down in tears.