Overkill

"What would he do if I really did it?"  jump off the roof, that is. Not much, Izuku assumes, the "Kacchan" in his eyes has no room for someone like him, no, no. He's like quark matter compared to the size of Katsuki's ego.
He stared at his toasted hero journal, plucking it from the grasp of a rather tenacious koi fish. His dreams were just as small to the great Bakugou. Whatever, it's nothing, he thought, walking towards his apartments in Musutafu, to play the coward's card and lick his wounds. Happens all the time. He walked below an underpass. It can't get worse than this. Something rattled behind him. Right?

While he was being strangled, the last bit of life being squeezed from his eyes, he felt the onset of something very strong, very, hungry. Then All Might appeared, and quite recklessly solved his dying problem.
It was during his praise of the number one hero that Izuku began to notice an appetizing smell that quietly piqued his interest, it made his stomach growl in delight. That smell then deteriorated into a rotting stench, so curd and powerful he couldn't help but spit up his lunch onto All Might's toes. Through the ringing in his ears and the thick scent fuzzing his mind he could make out a short phrase whispered by the man in front of him, "Shit... leave alone..time.....ho...kid-", before he was hoisted up by the large man-maybe hoisted isn't the best word, considering the ease in which All Might lifted him, but whatever, he was tired-who then sprung into the air, graceful as turtle. The rushing wind offset the smell, so with a clearer head Izuku plugged his nose with his hand, and finally got a better look at his situation. When he realized he was hundreds of feet above ground, his first thought was to panic, but his rational mind reminded him how bad of an idea that may be, so he simply held on tighter with his unused hand to All Might, who finally decided to stop off on a rooftop.

"Kid, why're you covering your nose and mouth like that?" All Might sighed after leaning against a railing by the edge of the building. His stature seemed smaller, less confident, and shrinking by the second.

"T-The smell, y-y-you can't smell that? It's a-awful." All Might shrugged at Izuku, a no, he guessed, then pointed at him.

"Is it a part of your quirk then? Along with that thing with your eye?" Thing with my eye?

"N-no, I don't have a quirk." Izuku exclaimed resignedly. All Might coughed.

"You don't have a-" He coughed again, and again, and didn't stop. He spat blood, he steamed, he shrunk, and was soon replaced with a scrawny lithe man, who shared his likeness with a dead body. The stench grew. Whatever misplaced hunger he felt earlier was cowering in the face of this smell of sickness. Izuku shook it off, however, because well, his idol had just turned to skin and bones.
All Might spread his arms dramatically, and opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by the nervous mutterings of Izuku.

"A-A-A-All Might! Oh my god what happened! Did you-is this some kind of attack? What if-"

"I can assure you kid this is par for the course, and you wouldn't be seeing this if I wasn't worried for your health back there." He said pointedly, then rubbed his temples in defeat, lifting his shirt. "I got this in a fight about five years ago," a bruised, jagged patchwork of scars and tissue spread along his left torso, "severely damaged my respiratory system, even lost my whole stomach. I've wasted away because of this injury, and now I can only work for three hours a day." Izuku, who continued to plug his nose, then asked,

"Five years ago...Was it the fight with Toxic Chainsaw?"

"No," All Might made a small show of flexing his scrawny arm, "he was tough, but could never do away with someone like me, no, this fight I did everything in my power to keep away from the media. This fight nobody should know about."  He sat on the roof, resting his back against the railing. "Anyways, young lad, you said you were quirkless?" Izuku nodded his head. "Then what's with your eye? Earlier it was all black and red." Izuku tilted his head questioningly.

"I don't really know that you're talking about sir."

"Then what about that smell you were talking about, and all the vomiting you did earlier?"

"I'm not really sure? The smell is what made me throw up, and it definitely hasn't gone away, but plugging my nose seems to help a good deal..." All Might got up from his place on the floor and dusted his hands off.

"Well then, this sounds like a problem you can talk to your primary care provider about I'm sure. I should be heading out now," He held two soda bottles filled with familiar green slime up to Izuku, "I've gotta get this guy down to the station." He waved goodbye, Izuku returned it, he left through the rooftop door, and that seemed to be the end of it.
I couldn't ask him about being a hero.

The hunger returned rather quickly as the smell left, replaced by something smoky in the air. This hunger continued to grow as he walked to his apartment, turning and toiling restlessly in his stomach. He clutched at his torso, hoping that could at least hold it back until he could get something to eat, and rushed faster towards his building.
The air smelled heavily of smoke the closer he got, and the skies darkened. When he finally turned that last corner to his apartment building, he saw why. Engulfed in voracious flames, eating at the upper floors of his home, the floor where his mother lived.
He dropped his backpack, wantonly rushing towards the front of his building, blocked by yellow tape and crowds of people whispering prayers and worries. Just as he passed the police line, he was roughly grabbed by the arm. He struggled and yelled against it. "My mom's in there! Please I have to do something my mom's in there!" The man just grabbed onto his waist as he squirmed and struggled, reaching for the door, sobbing, crying, pleading, begging, screaming in anger-he was still hungry.

Hours passed. The blaze had finally stopped, left to a huffing smoke that lingered. The firemen were carrying the remains of the residents down. Izuku desperately searched for his mother, just to confirm what he can't believe on his own. The hunger growled as the charred carcasses of his neighbors were laid along the front of the building. He left the grasp of the man behind him in a curious daze as his stomach seemed receptive to the smell of roasted flesh. The firemen set another body down just a few feet away from him, and his stalked towards it in interest, an almost alien feeling overtaking him. She-it looked so... delicious, so enticing, and before he new it he was leaning over her, smelling her deeply, opening his mouth to take a bite. So close to getting a chunk from her, he was yanked away by the same cattle that stopped him earlier. The enraged Izuku snapped back at the arm shaking his, sinking his teeth into its bicep and ripping a small piece of flesh into his mouth.
Euphoria is the best way to describe the flavor, so divine and all encompassing. Steak that's so perfect it melts like butter in your mouth, or pork so tender and juicy you could taste it just by looking at its picture. The best thing Izuku has ever eaten.

This quells the hunger a bit, and Izuku's senses return enough to register the men pinning his writhing body down, forcing handcuffs onto his wrists, the body next to his that he'd just hung over for a snack. She looked awfully familiar, her pudgy shape, her knitted coat, her green hair- oh god.

He lets whatever else is in his head take over for the time being.

Tsukauchi wraps the bite wound on his arm tightly in the back of an armored police vehicle. To his right is the boy who did it, muzzled and bound with cuffs that run up his arms and legs, writhing and growling ferally. He stared hungrily at Tsukauchi's bleeding arm, his one black and red eye glowing with an animal desire. This kid, who they'd identified as Midoriya Izuku-through the student's I.D. in his backpack-was the one he had to hold back from rushing into a burning building to save his mother. He wonders what changed, because when the kid got away from him, he was found trying to eat his mother instead of save her. When he and the rest of his men tried to restrain the kid, he almost completely overpowered them. Overpowering eight men as a fourteen year old kid? His quirk must be amazing, but looks like it has one hell of a drawback.

When they arrived at the station, they struggled to keep the kid in their grasps as they walked him through the precinct. Officers stared, that was unsurprising, but what Tsukauchi didn't expect was to see Toshinori waiting by his desk across the room, staring at the boy with wide eyes.

"Kid?"