It Can Get Worse

Toshinori, took a nice long walk before dropping off the bottles of villain at the front desk of the closest police station. He vaguely remembered Tsukauchi's precinct, and decided to stop off at his old friend's work area to catch up. When he got there and nobody was home, he looked to an officer a few feet away. "Ah yeah, he's out in the field right now, big fire broke out." Toshinori nodded his head in understanding, yet regretfully. He should be out there! He cursed his weakened body and small stature, brooding silently for a few minutes by Tsukauchi's desk. He was interrupted by a loud growling and grunting reverberating through the station.
He looked up to find Tsukauchi heading a group of officers holding a criminal. This criminal was the one doing all the growling, writhing around in the grips of the men and women around him in an aggressive, hungry manner. Toshinori recognized him then, as Tsukauchi looked his way. "Kid?" Tsukauchi's eyes narrowed in confusion as he left his officers to handle the kid into a holding cell, and walked towards Toshinori.

"Yagi, you know that kid?" He emphatically pointed his thumb behind him.

"Yeah, I met him earlier today. Saved him from a villain attack. What the hell happened?"

"Well it looks like his apartment building caught fire, we suspect foul play," Toshinori frowned at this, "and his mother was caught up in it. When he saw her body his quirk went haywi-"

"Quirk?" Toshinori cut in. Tsukauchi raised his eyebrow.

"Yeah, quirk. He had the strength to resist eight of my officers, and it seems like he was trying to, well I guess trying to eat his mother's corpse. He even got a bite out of me," he held up his arm, which was wrapped with cloth bandages that were stained with blood at the forearm. "He's been uncooperative since we've detained him, and it's a miracle we were able to get him into that holding cell. Why ask about his quirk?" Toshinori clasped his hands together.

"Well, the kid told me quite confidently that he was quirkless."

"Quirkless?"

"Quirkless." Toshinori ended. Tsukauchi rubbed his temples.

"So the kid who can fight off eight adults doesn't have a quirk? I don't believe it. Do you think he was lying to you then?"

"I'm not too sure," Toshinori shrugged, "he didn't seem like he was feeling well, threw up on me, kept saying he could smell something awful." He grimaced, as if he could smell it too. "He seemed like a good kid, really. I don't think he'd do anything like, try to eat his mother, or you. God the poor boy, his mother died and I couldn't help at all, I'm damn useless." Tsukauchi gave him a pat on the back.

"You did what you could, you can't save everyone Yagi. Though, maybe you can sit in on his interrogation with me, knowing him before all this could help." Toshinori nodded in agreement, and went to follow Tsukauchi across the station. They stopped outside the door to the interrogation room, both seeming to pause for a breath before heading in.
The boy sat chained to the table, yanking and pulling against the restraints on his arms and legs. He was muzzled, and that made Toshinori clench his fists in anger. Before he could say anything however, the kid seemed to sniff the air, then gag and recoil, not unlike when Toshinori first met him. He gagged again, then threw up in the muzzle. Tsukauchi choked. He threw up again.

"Naomasa get that thing off of him!"

"But what if-"

"I'll deal with it dammit! At this rate he'll drown in his own vomit!" 

"Alright! Alright!" The kid threw up again as Tsukauchi removed the muzzle. The second the man could get it away from him, he shot his cuffed hands upwards. Tsukauchi went for the gun on his hip, but stopped when he saw the boy was only plugging his nose, and remembered the conversation he had with Toshinori.