Chapter 13

A FEW DAYS LATER...

The day has come for Rimuru to go back to Tempest. Now he had Ultima to accompany him.

Ranga had to take some time getting used to Ultima, but he eventually did since they served under the same Master.

The kids were with them outside, seeing them off.

Chloe: "Sensei... do you really have to go?"

Ryota: "He can't stay here forever, Chloe. He has his own nation to run."

Rimuru: "If it makes you feel better, I'll give you this as a parting gift."

Rimuru put Shizu's mask on top of Chloe's head.

Alice: "EH?! No fair! I wanted Miss Shizu's mask!"

Chloe: "Too bad. I got it first!"

Kenya: "Who cares about some dumb mask when we have these Harry Potter robes?"

Alice: "Hmph! I guess you're right..."

Rimuru: "Hey guys, keep studying hard, alright? It hurts to say goodbye, but I promise you we'll see each other again. When I got nothing on my schedule, I'll come and visit."

Ultima: "And I'll tag along just for fun."

Ranga: "As my Master's students, you'll always have the privilege to pet my fur."

Rimuru: "Professor Tiss will keep you guys company the moment you get back to school."

Rimuru and Ultima got on Ranga's back.

Rimuru: "Until we meet again."

And they were off. The kids waved bye, waiting for them to disappear from sight before heading back into the city.

Ultima: "My Lord, may I ask why you chose to give the mask to Chloe?"

Ranga: "She's right. Wasn't that the keepsake that Miss Shizu left you?"

Rimuru: "To be honest... I'm not really sure."

Ranga slowed down before coming to a stop.

Rimuru: "It may sound weird, but I felt like giving the mask to Chloe was the natural thing to do. And I think it was for the best."

Shizu: 'And if I were to make a choice, Chloe would be the one I'd give the mask to.'

Rimuru: "And I'm sure Chloe will take good care of it. She might as well even follow in Shizu's footsteps and become a Champion, or better yet, a Hero."

Ranga: "Perhaps."

The three of them laughed, thinking about how Chloe will be a great hero.

Rimuru: "So, ready to go home?"

Ranga: "Ready when you are, Master."

Rimuru: "Ultima?"

Ultima: "Yes!"

Rimuru: "Alright, then let's-"

Rimuru and Ultima then felt something.

A bad feeling.

Ranga: "Master? Ultima? What's wrong?"

Rimuru: "Ultima, you feel it, too?"

Ultima: "I do."

They both got off and readied themselves for anything.

Ranga: "Wait, I sense it, too. And I don't like it."

Rimuru: "Ranga, get into my shadow."

Ranga: "Yes, Master."

Ranga got in Rimuru's shadow.