𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

Dedicated to: Dorofine for literally binge reading ILWMT.

Love you😍.
_______________________________________________

Toby's POV.

The wind blew gently and gave me a whole new feeling. The view of the beach made it feel so serene, so peaceful. Just a cup of coffee and it would be a perfect moment. I, however have a living soul who won't stop singing along to End game by Taylor Swift and Ed sheeran.

I turned to look at her. Her hair was let down and the wind took every advantage of it. Her head was bobbing to the beat of the song and she was tapping her fingers on the windshield. She finally let her hands out and adjusted her sun glasses.

I liked how happy she was. She looked like a normal teenager with no worries, with no scars.

I wanted to pat her head but I hesitated and focused on my driving. Some things are better not done.

  We finally got to the hill and spread the blanket on the ground. She sat down and placed the picnic basket on the blanket beside her.

"Come on." She urged.

I smiled and sat on the blanket. I personally think only a blanket on the floor is not best, but what can I say? She's listening to another rock song again.

My phone beeped and I checked the message. Alan.

  Where are you!!!!!
     - Alan.

Oh my. I quickly dropped my phone out of nervousness and I think that startled Camilla because she turned to me giving me those eyes.

You know, those 'what the heck was that?' eyes. Those 'are you okay' eyes but not of the worried kind.

"Nothing." I shrugged and decided to make the most of the attention.

"So now that you're here. What do you wanna do?" I asked her.

Her lips parted like she wanted to say something but then she closed it back and looked utterly confused.

"Don't tell me...."

"Don't tell me that you had nothing planned." I said and she gave a witty grin.

"Hey, I planned on relaxing the whole day. If you had not pulled that little stunt, we would both be living this day as planned." She talked back.

And she's not even feeling remorse.

"Wow." I said and folded my arms.

"What a perfect punishment for me Camilla. I have nothing to do than to stare into space." I added.

"I didn't even bring a book." I muttered to myself.

"The punishment is actually spending time with the person you're trying to avoid." She said.

I turned and our eyes met.

Staring clearly at her eyes now, I could see how brown they were.  It was like the stare down situation at the pool reappeared.

For some reason, the rock song playing on the Radio changed to a popular song I, myself really liked when it came out. It was Chainsmokers featuring Coldplay. Something like this.

I liked the song so much that I searched what it meant. And I didn't lie I felt the goosebumps.

Deep down I knew that was the kind of love I wanted. A love that didn't have to perfect, a love that didn't have to have all the wealth of this word, and a world where the both of us, I and the girl didn't have to be perfect at all. Where I could be Superman without my powers but to always have a Lois Lane. As perfect and powerful they might be, as rich as Achilles might be, I just wanted a love where it would make sense, not necessarily to others, but to me.