𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐅𝐎𝐘 & 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐒

draco pov

' if I'm dead to you,
why are you at the wake? '

When I wake the other side of the bed is cold, my hand stretches out, subconsciously seeking Rosie's warmth but only finding the smooth silk covering of the mattress.

And then it hits me as I realize who I'm searching for and the smell of burning rosemary reaches my nose, I'm in Rosie's room.

There's a hand shaking my leg, making me jolt and roll onto my back as my eyes flutter open to the warm sun shining through the curtains by the balcony.

Oh no.

Whitman's eyes were wide, leaning on the poster bed frame with a face of confusion. "I don't think I even want to know"

In an instant I sit up, so quickly the urge to puke comes in a wave. Truthfully I have no clue how I got here, what I did to even be in this position but I'm sure it's fucking stupid.

My mouth opens and closes, trying to find words my short circuiting brain cannot make.

How much did I drink?

"Stop talking so loud" I mutter before covering my eyes with the heels of my palms.

Whitman speaks as if he knows something, that stupid pretentious bastard. "Yeah I'm going to uh....leave and figure this out"

The sound of his rhythmic breathing rings in my ears, clearly deciding to stay in a state of shock.

"Then go" I snap before wincing at the loudness with a grimace.

He scoffs back at me but the expression of confusion stays while slowly moving away, "Glad to know the alcohol didn't wash away your normality of being a dick"

With a grumble I cover my eyes again, the sun clearly determined to remain my enemy. His heavy steps ring as he begins walking out of the room and slams the door but my mind is beginning to reel so deep in thought that everything sounds muffled.

Let's rewind, if that's possible?

My idiotic father decides to have a blown episode and proceeds to chunk a bottle of whiskey at my head after fighting me. So I did what any logical and reasonable human being would do, I threatened him with the broken glass.

Ah, good family fun.

Then mother began to freak out and the anxiety attack started to arise deep in my bones. As usual I found myself needing something, someone. But who goes to a person for help? Weird if you were to ask me.

Okay the memory is coming back...I recall going to Grimmauld, thinking maybe the best solution was to tell Rosie what happened and demand her to give me some salvation from the atrocity that is my existence but then I realized I'm not a fucking pussy.

Where did I go after?

Yes! That new bar in the wizarding part of London, Esmeralda's Noon I believe and-

Oh no.

Oh...no.

Everything slowly starts to come back.

Getting so drunk and instead of finding relief only feeling guilt consume me over her.

I mean, what the fuck?

Rose has consumed my existence from the beginning so ardently, not even wasted parlor drinks can make her go away.

Cruel if you ask me.

The girl who infuriated me more than anything, the girl who had been challenging me and everything I believe in since she was capable of opening her mouth, the girl who were wielded her words like knife and walked with such a insatiable elegance while being the coldest in the room.