002 - baby

ANOTHER HOUR had passed by and the group that had left to fend for needed supplies still hadn't shown back up at the camp

Esmerelda, who has been shifting and fidgeting on her spot where she was sat down on a piece of wood was beyond worried.

She had tried begging Shane to let them go out and search for them, but he shot it down, saying they were on their own and knew how to handle themselves.

Clearly, he didn't care, which wasn't a big surprise. But her and Amy did. Her sister was out there, and Esmie's mother was out there, they had a reason to worry.

"It's late. They should've been back by now." Amy said, pacing but then coming to a stop to speak.

"I agree." Esmie spoke, picking her head up towards Amy and lowered her voice "But jackass over there won't let us go and check up on them." She huffed, kicking a rock hard with her shoe in anger.

"Worrying won't make it better." Dale told, lifting his head up from the part of the trailer that he was fixing along with Jim.

Suddenly, once again the radio cracked but this voice they recognized this time, it was T- Dog. Esmie let out a breath of relief of hearing his voice and stood up, dusting her dirty pants off.

"Hello, base camp! Can anybody out there hear me."

His voice spook, Dale threw his tools down and began to climb up the latter of the trailer to the top of the van where the radio was.

"Base camp, this is T-Dog. Anybody hear me?" His voice repeated eagerly.

"Hello? Hello?" Dale answered quickly once the walkie was in his hand, "Receptions bad on this end. Repeat. Repeat."

"Shane, is that you?"

Esmie couldn't help but crack just a small smile at that. Those two sounded nothing alike.

"Is that them?" Lori asked, hands put on her hips as she looked up at Dale who didn't respond and just gave her a look with widened eyes.

"We're in some deep shit. We're trapped in the department store."

Amy turned to look at Esmie, making eye contact with her, a saddened look in her eye which mirrored the brown-haired girls too.

Shane sighed, dragging his hand on his face then on the top of his head, "He say they're trapped?"

"There are geeks all over the place. Hundreds of 'em. We're surrounded"