one.

FANTASY

FANTASY.
i. always and forever
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

            THE WIND HOWLED AS it rushed past the girl's ears and through the delicate locks of her luscious, black hair once again. Crickets chirped, the fallen leaves scattered about on the ground crunched beneath her boots with each step she took, and the leaves that had managed to hold onto their branches rustled as the surrounding trees swayed in the wind. As the girl continued on her journey through the woods, she lightly smiled in enjoyment of the nature before her, for it easily brought memories of the past days when she would take peaceful and pleasant walks through the woods with her great grandmother.

            But instead, there she stood, in the middle of the woods, awaiting the arrival of an unknown individual that was supposed to be there about ten minutes ago. You would think that after the first extra five minutes, the girl would know better than to wait and flee the peaceful, yet slightly bone-chilling woods. Although normally that is something that she would do, her determination to gather further information on her father's past had easily trumped victory over the latter.

            Suddenly, a rather bone-chilling breeze wept past the girl. However, it felt different than the breeze that had occasionally passed through. It felt different, but in a way that the girl cannot explain; she did know that it wasn't a pleasant feeling.

            "Lillian Fiore." A feminine voice spoke through the swaying trees, the girl quietly gasping in alarm of the sudden presence as she turned to the woman that had been standing behind her for who knew how long.

            Once the girl had come to the realization that the woman standing before her was in fact the one she had agreed to meet back at the bar she had previously been to, the tension in her muscles visibly alleviated as she released a sigh of relief. "Hey. You're about ten minutes late."

            "Yeah, sorry." The woman responded. "I got a little held up. But, let's get to business, shall we?"

            It didn't go unnoticed by Lillian how the woman slowly began to step forward, the action bringing confusion to the girl.

            All of a sudden, Lillian began to feel quite lightheaded, the scene before her beginning to spin. Her legs began to feel like jelly, bound to give out on her any minute now. Sure enough, before she could utter another word to the woman that merely continued to stand in front of her, her knees buckled, causing her legs to finally give in and allow her to fall to the ground beneath her. However, before she completely lost sense of her surroundings, she felt the hands of another wrapping underneath her underarms and protecting her from the rather dangerous fall.