four.

FANTASY

FANTASY.
iv. girl in new orleans
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

              NEARLY EIGHTY PERCENT OF the time when Lillian Fiore had a bad feeling about someone, she was correct; whether she gave the person a chance or not, they always took the first opportunity they'd been given to completely stab her in the back. So, forgive her if she was wrong, but she'd had the same feeling about Agnes the moment she had stepped foot in the plantation house not too long ago – especially when the elder witch began to push the two girls into submission in order to persuade them to leave the house and ensure the state of their children remained a healthy one.

              She wasn't going to lie, when Sabine had offered to help the girls discover the genders of their children, she was slightly skeptical due to the past experiences she'd had with the witches beforehand. However, Lillian came to notice that when Sabine was attempting to read Hayley, a smile of genuine happiness for the werewolf had been painted upon her features, which had slightly put her suspicion to rest. Then, as a result of the images that'd subdued her mind the previous night, the girl's wariness towards the witches had returned.

               "I told you, Agnes, we feel fine." Hayley reassured the elder witch that sat before them.

              Lillian sighed, retreating from the kitchen with a bottle of water before taking a seat on the couch. "Yeah." The girl uttered. "As a matter of fact, she's told you that and I've told you that more than once."

"I know," Agnes responded. "but you both are long overdue for a checkup."

"Okay." Hayley lightly scoffed, closing the book of maternal facts she'd been scanning through. "What are we gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? Two pregnant werewolves escorted by a witch? Sure, nothing to see here."

"You know, a lot of women would kill to have a child." Rebekah spoke up for the first time since she'd entered the living room, proceeding to type on the keys of the laptop that sat open before her. "It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours."

Lillian was quick to attempt to justify her decision. "It's not that, Rebekah. It's just that — " The girl sighed, not wanting to reveal to either of the women of the images she'd seen but not exactly having another way to explain herself. "I have a feeling."

Each of the other three women in the room could only gaze at the girl in confusion of the words that had flowed from her mouth. But as expected, Agnes didn't put as much thought into it, quickly dismissing the girl's words. "I know a doctor out in the bayou off the beaten path." The elder witch proceeded in her effort of persuasion. "I took the liberty of making an appointment for the both of you. Tonight, after hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it."