five.

FANTASY

FANTASY.
v. sinners and saints
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

                EVER SINCE SHE'D BEEN a young girl, Lillian had always appeared to have difficulty sleeping; very few times in her childhood had the girl caught a decent amount of downtime. It was most likely due to the constant nightmares of her deceased mother that'd taunt her young mind each night. Though, if someone asked her, Lillian would say her lack of rest was a result of her worries regarding her father's well-being. And while that may have been one of the factors, it wasn't the primary.

                Fortunately, as she grew older, the night terrors had slowly subsided, allowing Lillian the gracious gift of a goodnight's rest. However, out of the couple years she'd caught a break, Lillian had never gotten as much sleep as she had the present night, nor had she ever been granted the opportunity of doing so on such a soft, luxurious mattress and wrapped in such warm sheets.

                In the beginning, Lillian refused to accept the fact that a plantation house owned by The Originals would be what she called home. But, a month or so later, and the girl's perspective regarding the idea has changed; after experiencing firsthand the lengths that Klaus Mikaelson and his siblings would go to in order to ensure the safety of both herself and Hayley, she figured that perhaps she may be able to tolerate the family for a little while longer.

                 Therefore, Lillian chose to begin being grateful for the things she's been granted with due to her circumstances. Though, there were few, there were still a few things that she wasn't quite grateful for – one of them being the ancient family's lack of binge-worthy snacks.

                Rolling her eyes in slight irritation, Lillian shut the doors to the fridge. She then walked to the pantry, sliding the doors open. There weren't many options, so a pop-tart didn't seem like the worst choice.

                  "Oh," The familiar voice of a certain brunette caused Lillian to turn away from the pantry. "You just wake up, too?"

Lillian sighed. "After a heavenly twelve hours of sleep, yes, I am." The girl replied, watching as Hayley went to open the fridge for a morning snack. "Pantry."

The brunette's eyebrows cinched together in confusion. "Huh?"

    "The pantry is where you'll find the snacks." Lillian clarified, earning a 'Thanks' in gratitude.

After snatching a pop-tart from one of the shelves as well, Hayley slid the pantry doors shut before turning back to face the other young lady who stood behind her. Except, Lillian's eyes weren't trained on her anymore; it appeared the distinct conversation occurring in the neighboring living room had caught her attention.