Chapter 2 (pt. 2): The discussion

"If you're gonna try and wake him up with your voice, it's not gonna work. He's a heavy sleeper." Venus states quietly, expecting Uranus to do that.

"Just shut up and watch." Uranus whispers harshly.

Uranus goes over to block the radio signals from Earth.

"That won't work." Venus states. (quietly, of course)

"Uhhh.." Uranus whispers.

Suddenly, something strange happens.

"Wait a minute.. Uranus! You're a genius! Err, clever! That's what I meant." Venus says, messing up, then correcting himself, trying not to sympathize.

"Huh? What-" Uranus says, then stops and realizes what he has done.

Uranus hadn't blocked the radio signals. He interrupted them. Sending an alarming sound to Astrodude.

The sound? It was the sound of Uranus. The signal got covered up by the sound on Uranus, making Astrodude jolt up in fear.

"Psst, Astrodude, you awake?" Uranus asks quietly.

(Ok, I'm getting tired of stating that they are quiet. From now on, they are quiet until I say they're not)

"What the-" Astrodude says, but then abruptly stops.

Astrodude sees Uranus and Venus outside his ship. He sighs, quickly puts on his spacesuit, and goes to see what the 2 planets want from him.

"What. I'm trying to sleep." Astrodude says, sounding grumpy.

"We need your help." Uranus says seriously.

Astrodude looks at them concerned.

"What's wrong.?" Astrodude says, worried.

"What... what do dreams mean..?" Venus asks.

"Uhh, well, they could mean anything." Astrodude responds.

"Well, what are some examples?" Uranus questions.

"Well, they could be a sign for something, like predicting the future, recalling from the past, etc." Astrodude explains.

Uranus and Venus look at each other, worryingly.

"Thank you, Astrodude." Uranus says gratefully.

"No problem." Astrodude says.

He sighs and goes back in his ship to slumber some more.

"Ok, so that was a handful." Venus says.

"Yea, but that's our only lead, so we have to take this information carefully." Uranus says, reassuring him.

"We'll talk more tomorrow. We should probably get some sleep." Venus suggests.

"Yea, you're right. don't wanna look suspicious.." Uranus says, agreeing with Venus.

Uranus and Venus then go their separate ways.

From the distance, you can see a shadowy figure, staring from a far.

"All will go according to plan.." the mysterious figure says, smiling menacingly, then laughing quietly to themselves.

Word count: 385