Chapter 6 (pt. 2): The Talk

"So.. what you're saying is.. that the sun wants to control and kill us all?" Jupiter says, recapping everything Venus is saying.

"YES!" Venus shouts.

"I understand that he's insane and all, but why would he want to kill us when he worked so hard just to get this solar system?" Eris questioned.

"Well, we haven't figured out that part yet.." Uranus chimes in.

"The sun doesn't like it when we're out of orbit, and since we're all in the Kuiper belt, something has to be off." Venus states.

"But, the sun can be just as brainwashed as anyone else. I wouldn't be too suspicious of him yet." Jupiter explains.

They all sat there for a moment, thinking.

"Well, it did all start with earth asking me to play hide and seek, so maybe it's earth..?" Venus questions.

They all paused again, thinking.

"Wait.. Uranus.." Venus says.

"Hm..?"

"You never told me your side of the dream.." Venus realizes.

"Oh yea! You're right!" Uranus also realizes.

"Tell me.. what did you see..?" Venus asks.

"Well.." Uranus starts.

"It all started with me peacefully writing in my diary, when suddenly, out of nowhere, I have a feeling of dizziness, so I close my diary, my eyes probably needing a break. I then see this.. vision. It was like.. a vision of this figure.. and he told me that "he has to be found. Find him." And I was freaked out.. suddenly, the vision stopped, and you passed by, running. And that's where our dreams collided." Uranus explained.

"Wow." Eris says, completely speechless.

"Find him..? Find who?" Venus asks.

"That's the same question I've been asking myself." Uranus says.

"I say we STRIKE DOWN the sun!" Eris proclaims.

"Well, it's not like we can just defeat the sun. He's our light scorce, as well as the one keeping all of us from turning into ice planets! No offense, Uranus." Jupiter explains.

"None taken." Uranus replies, smiling.

"Well.. then what should we do? We can't get anyone else on our team since they're all controlled." Uranus points out.

They all paused, thinking.

"Jupiter!" Uranus shouts.

"Shut it, you idiot they might hear us!" Venus warns.

"Sorry, sorry." Uranus apologizes.

"So.. why did you shout my name so suddenly?" Jupiter questions.

"If we wanna find the culprit, we need to eliminate suspects. Anyone of them could be it, or pretending to ve under control." Uranus explains.

"And how do we do that?" Eris asks.

"Well, what do we all have in common..?" Uranus asks back.

They all looked at each other, thinking.

"Well.." Jupiter breaks the silence.

Everyone turned to look at him.

"Uranus and Eris both have wonky axis's, while Venus's axis is completely upside down."

"Yea, but you don't have that bad of an axis." Venus explains.

"Well, while that may be true, I spin really fast, like, 10 hours an Earthday = A day for me type of fast." Jupiter explains.

"I spin really slow, but Uranus has an almost normal cycle, and I don't really know anything about Eris, so.." Venus responds.

"Hey!" Eris speaks, clearly a but annoyed.

They all all back into an akward silence, before Uranus speaks.

"Well, it has to be something about the way we rotate. Whether it be on a big tilt, or extremely fast or slow."

"You do have a point there.." Jupiter agrees.

They all go silent again, making this they're.. what.  3rd time being silent? Bruh. 🥲

"We need a plan.. and I think I have the perfect one." Venus says. Interrupting the silence.

Everyone looked at him.

"It's perfect, honestly!" Venus says, getting sidetracked.

"Gosh, just tell us already!" Eris asks, being impatient and ready to move on with the so-called plan Venus had.

"Ok, ok, jeez." Venus says back.

"Alright, here's the plan."

(I did not post in so long what- I honestly was too busy with everything like summer school and vacation. I just completely put this aside lmao. I'll try to post more, but considering I have school, and it's even more stressful than before, I probably will just be writing when I have free time, haha. Another reason is because I was thinking about what to do next for this story. I kinda just winged it with this book, but now that it's getting more deep and into it, I've been planning the storyline out a bit more lol. All in all, I hope you all have a great day/night!)

Word count: 748