Prologue: Part II

Hi, Leo here! Just a little heads-up of my headcanons for this story:

-MK uses He/They pronouns and is 19 y/o

-Red Son uses all pronouns and is around 20 y/o for mortal years

-Pigsy and Tang are already married

Also, I will come back and add some more art soon, I am just way too tired to finish the pieces I have now and post this chapter today so- qwq

Enjoy! 

*:・゚✩☾✩*:・゚

____________________________________________________________

     The sounds of their knife chopping against different ingredients on a chopping board and the smell of Pigsy's signature noodles floated around the restaurant's kitchen as Callisto stood early in the morning to help Pigsy prepare for the day's morning rush (and possibly let Pigsy get a little more rest than he usually allows himself to have.) The individual smiles at the thought of their friend and boss. They are eternally grateful for the chef's help and guidance. He granted them a whole apartment, a source of money, and food for Buddha's sake! He even got the poor soul some actual damn shoes and clothes. The least they could do is release some stress off the pig demon's shoulders.

     In early mornings like this, they also are able to take their glamour off, revealing the fox attributes they often hide from any other eyes but their own. Their tails trailed behind them as they strategically moved around the kitchen to finish up some of the possible orders beforehand, pointy ears twitching at every slight sound they or others outside make.

     Callisto smiles as they finish, wiping his hands off from any flour or residue that might be still on his hands. The Huli Jing put their glamour back on before exiting the kitchen, just in time too as they see Pigsy start walking down the stairs from his room.

"Mooornin' Pigsy!~ Did you have a good sleep?~" Callisto hummed as she exited the kitchen, a smile on her face as she watched Pigsy try to wake himself up a bit more.

"Yeah, yeah, it was fine." He grumbled, disliking it as Callisto proved themself to be right about his working habits once again.

     Callisto contained a small laugh, nodding at Pigsy as they took off and folded the apron they were wearing. "Well, I'm gonna head off to the market and get a few ingredients we're running low on, s'that alright?"

"Yeah, that's alright." His mood increased a bit as he discovered the prep work Callisto had done for him. "Just make sure to pick out the best stuff ya' can find!" He shouted out as he walked into the kitchen, giving his permission for Callisto to go out.

"Heheh, yes sir!~" And he was off.

---

     Callisto returned to the restaurant with a few bags of vegetables and other ingredients, quickly picking up on Tang reciting one of Monkey King's stories that MK, Callisto's co-worker, roommate, and close friend, oh so dearly loves to listen to.

.

"The thing you need to understand about the old legends is that the story is never finished... There may be no pages left to turn, but there is always more to the journey..."

"Rising from the netherworld, The Demon Bull King attacked..."

     The Demon Bull king let out a ferocious roar, striking fear into the villagers that resided there. He started to destroy the village, smashing and slashing at anything in his sight; at anything that stood in his way.